377. Surprises

Team Fairy Tail starts the tournament nicely and gets full points on the first day. It's looking good, and the 2nd day's event looks even better for them. The 2nd day's game event's name is Search and Rescue.

In this game, all participants need to search for victims in a destroyed town and save them. Each saves will grant them 5 points, but if the victims died in the Mages' hands, then they will get 10 points reduced. If they can make the victims healthier, like healing or treating their injuries, then they will get additional points from 1 to 10 based on how good their treatments are.

People thought it will be a difficult game for a troublemaker Guild like Fairy Tail. But Fairy Tail Mages smile and are sure of their victory in this game. They have a very suitable person for this game, after all.

Wendy plays this event, just like they predicted when they hear the game's name. As long as she can find the victims, then her victory is guaranteed. But that search might be the most difficult factor of this game.

The 'victims' are puppets with health bars controlled by a very skilled Puppet Magic user. The puppets can score the participants' treatment levels which decide their scores. They are spread all over the fake ruined town made by magic in the stadium.

After the rules are announced, they start the game immediately. A fake destroyed town is summoned into the arena and many puppets are hidden in the ruins. The Mages start searching for the puppets immediately.

It's quite difficult to find the victim puppets that are hidden beneath the rubble. They also need to be careful when moving because they can step on the rubble where the victims are buried. That wrong step can kill the victim, which will reduce their points.

The Mages start to find and rescue the victims after a while. They also try to treat the victims, but only Wendy & Sherria from Lamia Scale can truly treat the victims. Only these 2 have good medical knowledge to treat the victims.

However, their skills are different and Wendy is better in this situation. Wendy's healing magic is meant to treat others while Sherria's healing magic can only be used on herself. So Sherria can only use medical tools while Wendy uses healing magic on the victims.

Of course, that makes the points they get to be different. Wendy gets a full 15 points for each victim because the rescue gives her 5 points and the treatment gives her 10 points. While Sherria gets 13 points because her treatment gets 8 points.

The game keeps going on and while Wendy & Sherria finds fewer victims, they get more points each time because of the treatments. Some who can't treat the victims they found have lost points too because the victims died when they rescue them.

But the treatments that Wendy & Sherria do are time-consuming. So their total points aren't increasing fast and now both of them are 3rd and 4th. So they need to rack up their brains to get more points.

When the time limit is just a few minutes away, Wendy does something surprising. She starts treating the victims that other Mages rescued. Wendy treats this like a real situation and she treats the ones with lower health first.

The victims' health is still fluctuating even when they've been rescued from the ruins. They are just placed in the same spot, after all. If they are real humans, then their lives will still be in danger from all their injuries.

The spectators and other Mages are confused by Wendy's action though. But then they get surprised when Wendy gets 10 points for healing a rescued victim. No rule says the participant can't treat the victims rescued by others, after all.

Sherria follows what Wendy does after seeing it and their points increase fast because they don't need to search for the victims first. The other Mages are bitter about it, but they can't do anything because they don't know anything about Medic.

Some of them try to treat the victims, but they just made the victims' conditions worsen, so they stop because their points are at stake here. They can only search and rescue the victims as fast as they can to get more points, but in the end, Wendy & Sherria dominate the game.

The point rankings in this game from highest to lowest are Fairy Tail's Wendy, Lamia Scale's Sherria, Mermaid Heel's Ariana, Sabertooth's Rogue, Blue Pegasus's Hibiki, Quatro Cerberus's Rocker, and lastly Orochi's Fin's Nash.

So with this, Fairy Tail gets 30 points after the 2nd day's event. Then they get 40 points at the end of 2nd day. They get another full point in the battle round when they are facing Orochi's Fin. Lily represents them and a guy named Slim became his opponent.

Seeing Lily's initial appearance makes Slim underestimates Lily. But everyone in Fairy Tail knows that looking down on Lily is the best method to lose. The fight starts and Lily immediately dominate it after transforming into his big form.

Lily wins easily because Slim isn't strong at all actually. Slim is just a troublesome opponent who uses tricks and hideous magic. But Lily is unfazed by any of Slim's tricks and he defeats the guy with overwhelming power.

However, in the 3rd day's event, Fairy Tail receives a total defeat. They are last in the game event and don't get any points. The game is named Castle Game. Each team's representative received a Castle in a summoned battleground and they need to lead some puppet troops to attack other Castles to receive points.

Unsurprisingly, Fairy Tail becomes everyone's favorite target. Romeo who represents them was helpless against all 7 teams' attacks and lost. They get 0 points as the first team to lose in the Castle Game.

But then Romeo finally gets his revenge in the Battle Round. He is chosen to represent Fairy Tail and his opponent is Yukino from Sabertooth. His opponent is strong, so Romeo needs to be very careful and goes all out from the start.

Romeo immediately fights using his Fire Magic, but it's not just normal Fire Magic because the fire is black. He is using Fire God Slayer Magic, the magic used by Zancrow from Grimoire Heart. The Fire God Lacrima Ben made from Zancrow's magic was given to Romeo a few years ago.

Ben saw Romeo's high potential and compatibility to fire magic. So he decided to give the lacrima ball to Romeo after he's done researching it. He doesn't want the lacrima ball to gather dust in the corner because it's not used.

Romeo fights Yukino using his Fire God Slayer Magic which surprises those who know God Slayer Magic. It is one of the strongest Magic and Fire has one of the best destructive power. So Romeo's Fire God Slayer Magic is very strong and destructive.

Even better, Ben taught and trained Romeo personally even if it's not every day. But the only one who could teach Romeo about Fire God Slayer Magic was Ben. So he taught Romeo a lot of things and now Romeo is strong enough to hold his ground against Fairy Tail's S-Class Mages.

He shows his power in his battle against Yukino. Even after Yukino summoned all her Celestial Spirits, she still can't overwhelm Romeo. Romeo is not that strong yet in terms of Raw Power, but his battle skills are high, and he can cover his lower power with battle skills.

The boy is also very tenacious and has a high spirit. So even after fighting for almost 10 minutes, he still hasn't given up. Yukino also doesn't give up, but her body can't keep up. She gets too tired after fighting Romeo for almost 10 minutes and then she passes out, giving Romeo a last-minute victory.
______________________________________________
You can read up to 35+35 chapters ahead of my fanfics and more pictures on my Pa_treon page if you are interested.

Voting for this book is highly appreciate. Cover image is the MC, artist's ig: @fatmaqn_

I've uploaded:
1. Chapter 412 of Fairy Tail: Sun Eater
2. Chapter 423 of Transcended as Lord Buggy
3. Pictures of both stories (ex: bounty poster & magazine cover) by fatmaqn_

https://www.pa_treon.com/CaptMermain
(the web didn't use _underscore_, it's to avoid censorship)