321. Criminals

The 3rd day's events finally end, and the scores become like this:

Fairy Tail B            : 58 points
Fairy Tail A            : 47 points
Mermaid Heel      : 34 points
Blue Pegasus       : 25 points
Sabertooth            : 22 points
Scarmiglione        : 14 points
Lamia Scale         : 13 points
Quatro Cerberus  : 9 point

It's very surprising that Lamia Scale, a strong contender for years only gets 13 points and Sabertooth only gets 22 points. The main cause for their low scores is, of course, Fairy Tail. Lamia Scale always gets paired with Fairy Tail Mages in the battle rounds and hasn't won at all.

Ben & the others feel bad for them, but this is a tournament, so this can happen. They don't feel bad at all for Sabertooth though. They will even feel better if Sabertooth gets the last place in the end result.

There are still 2 days more before the tournament ends. So they can't get too full of themselves yet, but a little party at night won't hurt anyone. The Fairy Tail Mages have a small party that night in their hotel.

Then in the middle of the night, Ben leaves the hotel stealthily. He goes to a dark alley and enters a hidden door after making sure no one sees him. Inside the room, there are 3 people that Fairy Tail Mages know so well.

"I have been waiting for your call," says Ben.

"Sorry, it was a lot harder than we thought," says Jellal.

The one waiting for Ben in the room is Jellal, Ultear, and Meredy. These 3 have formed a group named Crime Sorciere. It's an Independent Guild that they made with the purpose of eradicating Dark Guilds to atone for their sins.

Jellal should've been imprisoned now, but Ultear & Meredy rescued him. Then they made this guild and start their mission to eradicate Dark Guilds affiliated with Zeref. Their Guild has eradicated many Dark Guilds in the last few years, unlike the Magic Council which always stays passive.

2 years ago, they made a secret deal with Fairy Tail. Makarov agreed because he knew capturing these 3 and giving them to Magic Council won't do them any good. It's better to watch over them while also letting them attack Dark Guilds.

Then in this Grand Magic Games, they got information about Zeref's involvement. It might be Zeref himself or his worshippers, but it's dangerous anyway. So they are investigating it right now.

Ben is in charge of exchanging information with them. He will also help them if they meet a dead end. But they haven't contacted him at all in the last few days and have just called him tonight.

"So, what did you find?" asks Ben.

"We found some indications that the Royal Family might get involved in this. We want to confirm it but it's very difficult to enter the palace. The security there is very tight," says Ultear.

"Hmm, I don't know how the Royals get involved, but they might know something. I will find a way to help you investigate the Royal Capital. But for now, I want you to watch over Lucy & Wendy. I've been keeping an eye on my guildmates because Sabertooth might do something. For the last few days, I kept getting a feeling that the 2 of them were being watched. But I couldn't find who they are. I want to investigate it further, but I have other things to do. So I want you to do it in my stead," says Ben.

"Alright, leave it to us, and we'll leave the Royal Family to you," says Ultear.

"Good, with my status as a Wizard Saint, it will be easy to enter the Palace," says Ben.

Jellal nods before asking, "Erza doesn't know about us yet, right?"

"No, but you better tell her sooner or later. Also, there are some more people who need your explanation," says Ben.