10.11

On the 14th day of March, the Wu family was bright red everywhere, and everyone had a happy smile on their faces.

    Wu Bai was called by Wu's mother to get dressed early in the morning, while Wu's father greeted guests at the gate.

    "Brother Bai is going to get married in the blink of an eye, I really can't bear it!" Mother Wu's eyes were red.

    "Mom, don't worry, I will come back to see you and father often." Wu Bai promised.

    "Okay, then your father and I can take your words to heart." Mother Wu nodded as she brushed Wu Bai's hair with a comb.

    That's what she said, but she knew in her heart that she won't have many chances to see her little brother in the future.

    "Now that there are no water bandits in Fencheng anymore, if mother and father have the opportunity to come to Fencheng, then Zimo and I will take you to boating outside the city." Wu Baichang thought.

"Haha, your father and I are not too young, and we can't stand the toss of a long journey. You can just play by yourself." The sadness on Mother Wu's face faded, and she put on a slight smile.

    "Where, I think my mother and father are still young, and they go wherever they go." Wu Bai turned his head and said to her.

    "Don't move, the hair I combed for you is messed up." Mother Wu patted his head.

    Wu Bai hurriedly straightened her head and asked her to groom herself again.

    "When you go to Xiao's house, remember to be filial to your elders, listen to your elders more, and don't let your temperament fool you. If you are wronged, write back, and Mother will give you an idea." Wu Mu urged.

    "I know." Wu Bai replied.

    "Okay, the hair has been combed, now waiting for the Xiao family to pick up the relatives." Wu mother put the comb on the table.

"Mother, I'm a little hungry." Wu Bai covered his stomach and looked at Wu's mother eagerly.

    Wu's mother smiled helplessly: "You wait, I'll let someone go to the kitchen room to get you something to eat."

    After she finished speaking, she walked to the door and ordered the maid to get food.

    Soon the maid came to Wu Bai's room with a tray.

    Wu Bai got up slowly, sat down at the table, and started to eat.

    "Be careful, eat slowly, and be careful not to get your wedding dress dirty," Wu's mother reminded.

    "I know." Wu Bai nodded.

    "Mother, do you want to eat too?" Wu Bai asked.

    Mother Wu shook her head and said, "No, I'll go to the hall to eat with your father later."

    "Okay." Wu Bai lowered his head and continued to eat.

When he had just finished eating, someone came in outside and said, "Madam, the people who pick up the relatives from the Xiao family are waiting for the son to go out at the gate!"

    "Where's Xiao Zimo? Why didn't he come in to pick up Brother Bai in person?" Wu's mother asked.

    "Young Master Xiao didn't come, it's the steward of the Xiao family who came." The servant replied.

    Wu's mother patted the table angrily, and said angrily: "I still value Xiao Zimo so much, thinking he is good, but I didn't expect that he knows the person and the face but not the heart. Now he thinks that the marriage is a foregone conclusion, so he doesn't care. Did you take Brother Bai in your eyes?"