13.21

In a blink of an eye, Wu Bai and the others came to Yongyuan Mansion for almost half a year. The dams and roads in Yongyuan Mansion were completed. Most of the people chose to replace the previous wooden houses with cement houses, and Yongyuan Mansion gradually recovered.

    In the government office, a guard walked into the lobby and said to Wu Bai, "Young Master Qi, the new prefect has arrived."

    Wu Bai was surprised: "So fast?"

    Half a month ago, he sent someone to the capital to deliver the secret book, but he hid the part of King An's participation in the secret book, and only wrote Song De's corruption in the memorial. He expressed the hope that the emperor would send someone to take over the Yongyuan Mansion He thought it would take at least a month for the other party to arrive at Yongyuan Mansion, but he did not expect the other party to arrive in half a month.

    Xiao Zimo put down the things in his hand and said to Wu Bai, "Let's go out and have a look. I don't know who is here this time?"

Wu Bai nodded and said, "Okay."

    The two walked out of the mansion, and saw a carriage slowly stop in front of the mansion, followed by a person who got out of the carriage.

    "Cousin?" Wu Bai walked towards the other party happily.

    Lou Simiao looked at the excited Wu Bai, he also smiled and replied, "Long time no see, Brother Bai."

    "Cousin, are you the new prefect?" Wu Bai asked.

    "Yes, it's me." Lou Simiao nodded.

    The two of them were talking, and a group of people gathered around the gate of the government office.

    "Five young masters, this is the new cabbage growing in my field, but it's fresh, you can take it and taste it."

    "Five sons, this is the egg laid by my old hen."

    "Five sons, this is my home..."

The people had just suffered a disaster, and Wu Bai naturally couldn't bear to take their things, so he said, "Everyone be quiet first, I have good news to tell you."

    Hearing this, the people quieted down one after another, wanting to hear what good news Wu Bai had to tell them.

    Wu Bai pointed at Lou Simiao and said, "This is the new prefect..."

    Before the words were finished, some people said indignantly: "We don't need the prefect, it's not a good thing to be an official, we only need the fifth son to be the master for us!"

    "Am I right?"

    "Yes! Fifth Young Master is a good man!" The people said angrily.

    Looking at the excited people, Wu Bai and Xiao Zimo patiently appeased them, and finally let them accept Lou Simiao, the new prefect, Lou Simiao also promised to do things for the people with all his heart.

For the common people, their lives have finally settled down, and naturally they do not want to encounter a prefect who is as ruthless as Song De again, but after Wu Bai's persuasion, they know that the new prefect is Wu Bai's expression In the future, they are willing to give Lou Simiao some time to prove himself.

    After finally persuading the people to leave, Wu Bai and Xiao Zimo took Lou Simiao into the mansion.

    The three came to the lobby, and Wu Bai poured Lou Simiao a cup of tea.

    Lou Simiao drank the tea and breathed a sigh of relief.

    "Cousin was scared?" Wu Bai joked.