15.11

On the second day of the new year, Wu Bai and Xiao Zimo followed Xiao's father and mother to Xue's family to pay New Year's greetings.

    After returning, the Xiao family was completely lively, and everyone in the village came to the Xiao family to pay New Year's greetings. They were very grateful to Xiao Zimo for teaching them and the children to read and arithmetic.

    The Wu family on the other side seemed to be left out in the cold. Not only did Wu Bai not go back, but several families who were close relatives of the Wu family also did not go to the Wu family.

    Wu Rong said angrily, "Why hasn't this Xiao Zimo been kicked out of the ancestral hall by everyone!"

    Wu Wenhao explained: "Xiao Zimo used some strange symbols to fool the villagers. How much everyone trusts him at this moment, and when they know the truth, they will be the ones who hate Xiao Zimo the most."

    "Is there no way to dismantle him?" Wu Rongshi asked.

"These villagers are all confused by Xiao Zimo, how can they listen to our advice." Wu Wenhao said impatiently.

    "Now the Xiao family's tails are almost up in the sky, and seeing their complacent energy, I can't stand this anger!" Wu Rong said angrily.

    Hearing this, Wu Wenhao thought about it and said, "I know a few people in the town, maybe I can ask them for help."

    "Who?" Wu Rong asked.

    "They are the thugs of the casino in the town." Wu Wenhao replied.

    "How did you know them?" Father Wu said.

    "I was studying in the town before, and there was a classmate who had a good relationship with him. The casino was opened by his house. After going here and there, I naturally got to know those thugs." Wu Wenhao explained.

    "That's it!"Father Wu breathed a sigh of relief, he thought Wu Wenhao had been to the casino!

    Wu Wenhao looked at Wu Rong's and said, "Although I met them once, they are the masters of seeing money. If they don't give some benefits, they will definitely not teach the Xiao family for us."

    After hearing this, Wu Rongshi felt a pain in her heart, but she gritted her teeth and finally said, "How much?"

    "Five taels." Wu Wenhao stretched out five fingers and said.

    "Five taels!" Mr. Wu Rong immediately shook his head and said, "No, it's too much, where can I give them five taels of silver!"

    "Mother received thirty taels of betrothal silver from the Xiao family before, why can't she get five taels?" Wu Wenhao said suspiciously.

    "That's what I kept for you to marry a wife." Wu Rong replied.

Hearing this, Wu Wenhao frowned and said, "Then mother, give me two taels of silver. It is better to have money than no money. I hope they will take this opportunity on the face of my classmates."

    "..." Mr. Wu Rong hesitated for a moment, then said, "Okay!"

    Soon she walked into the house, took out two taels of silver, and handed it to Wu Wenhao.

    Wu Wenhao took the money, left Wu's house happily, and went to the town.

    On the other side, a group of people in the village gathered around Xiao's family to pay New Year's greetings. Wu Bai carried trays of candy melon seeds and put them on the table in the yard for everyone to eat.

    Everyone happily talked to Xiao Zimo about the opening of the class after the new year.

    Suddenly, an old lady fell to the ground unprepared, twitching and foaming at the mouth.