13.13

The Mansion of the Three Princes

    Wu Chen asked, "How's the situation going?"

    "My subordinates are useless, and I haven't heard any useful information. These students rarely talk about Shuangyang County with the concubine, let alone hear the concubine mention the treasures of Shuangyang County. The conversations between them are mainly poetry and songs." The confidant regretted said.

    "It's fine if you don't find out." Wu Chen said indifferently.

    The confidant raised his head and asked: "Master, according to the time, the Fifth Young Master and the others will probably arrive at the pier in the next few days. Why don't your subordinates take a few people to the pier and grab his gift..."

Wu Chen shook his head and said, "That's not right. Brother Bai is the most favored by his father. If the treasure he found in Shuangyang County was robbed, he would definitely not give up. At that time, the father and the emperor will investigate, and it will not be good to find out about us. As for what the treasure is, we will find out when the prince gets married."

    As the emperor's son, Wu Chen had seen countless treasures since he was a child. At this time, he did not take the gift Wu Bai prepared for the prince to heart.

    "But just let the Fifth Young Master go? He has no guards by his side. It's a good time to get rid of him." The confidant said unwillingly.

    "Don't worry, someone wants to get rid of him more than us." Wu Chen smiled lightly.

    As soon as these words came out, his confidant also thought of Concubine Li, and he laughed clearly.

The days on the boat were a bit boring. At first, Wu Bai and Xiao Zimo were interested in fishing for a tooth festival, but later they didn’t want to eat fish anymore. Fortunately, the boat would dock for supplies, so they wouldn’t have to eat the whole fish feast.

    Ten days is not too long, not too short. After all the stops, Wu Bai and the others finally arrived at their destination.

    After getting off the pier, Wu Bai hired a few workers to move the sweet potatoes to the place where they parked the carriage. He was about to pay the other party the money. Who knew that these workers did not take the money, but planned to attack them.

    Wu Bai realized that something was wrong, and hurriedly took out the whip around his waist and threw it at these people. These people fell to the ground, revealing the daggers in their sleeves.

    This time, Wu Bai suddenly didn't think that the other party was seeking money, and he decided that the other party was here to ask for his life.

Immediately, Wu Bai was no longer soft-hearted towards them, and beat these people fiercely with a whip, and finally beat these people without any strength to fight back, so Xiao Zimo called the yamen who managed the wharf to tie up these people and send them all away. to Dali Temple.

    When Dali Siqing saw Wu Bai, he was surprised for a moment, and he said to himself: This fifth son is too unlucky, and he has encountered gangsters over and over again to attack him.

    After some interrogation, these people finally confessed that they were instructed to attack Wu Bai and the others, but they also did not see what the person who instructed them looked like, because the other party was wearing a mask, but they recognized The other party was a man, but the other party's voice was very sharp, which was very similar to a woman. In the end, these people were a little confused, and they couldn't tell whether the other party was a man or a woman.

    They couldn't tell them apart, but Wu Bai and the others could tell them apart from the Dali Siqing. This description was clearly the eunuch in the palace.
When Dali Siqing came to the trial, he knew that the next topic was not something he could ask about. He stopped to look at Wu Bai and said, "Five young masters, the evidence is insufficient now, and the lower officials need some time to investigate."