13.5

After drinking the tea, Wu Xu felt much more comfortable, and he began to test Xiao Zimo.

    As the member of this meeting, Xiao Zimo is naturally very knowledgeable. As for Wu Xu's question, he has no doubt answered it fluently.

    Wu Xu was very satisfied with Xiao Zimo's performance, but he couldn't help making things difficult: "Do you know that the concubine does not enter the court?"

    "I know." Xiao Zimo nodded.

    "Ten years of hard work, you could have stepped into the court to serve the country and show some achievements. Are you really willing to give up?" Wu Xu asked.

    He stared at Xiao Zimo closely, wanting to see what kind of answer the other party would give.

    "I dare to ask Your Highness, can the shopkeeper of this inn serve the country?" Xiao Zimo asked rhetorically.

Wu Xu was stunned for a moment, and then he replied: "It's natural, the shopkeeper is in business, opens an inn, and pays taxes every year to fill the national treasury. Of course, it will serve the country."

    Xiao Zimo said with a smile: "In this case, it can be seen that serving the country is not something that can only be done in the court. Even if you are fortunate to be the consort, you can also do your part outside the court."

    "Okay! Well said, as expected of this year's conference, not only has knowledge, but also extraordinary insights." Wu Xu couldn't help but patted his hands.

    "Thank you for your praise, Your Highness." Xiao Zimo cupped his hands.

    "Although you are Huiyuan now, if you want to marry Brother Bai, you must not relax during the palace exam." Wu Xu urged.

    "Thank you, Your Highness, for your suggestion. I will do my best to not disappoint Fifth Young Master and His Highness." Xiao Zimo said solemnly.

"Okay, this prince has written down your words." The prince nodded and said.

    "This prince still has official business, so I won't stay any longer. I will leave." After Wu Xu said this, he looked at Wu Bai and urged, "Young Master Xiao has been studying hard recently, so try to disturb him as little as possible."

    Wu Bai nodded and said, "I know the second brother."

    "His Royal Highness, walk slowly." Xiao Zimo took Wu Xu to the door, and when Wu Xu disappeared by the stairs, he closed the door again.

    "Yu Lan, take this pastry down and let the people in the inn help to heat it up." Wu Bai said, looking at the completely cool pastry.

    Xiao Zimo hurriedly stopped him and said, "No need to do this, I just like to eat cold pastries."

    After saying this, Xiao Zimo was about to reach for the cake, but Wu Bai quickly stopped him.

"No, you are going to participate in the palace exam soon. If you eat a bad stomach and delay the palace exam, it will be more than the loss."

    "Alright then!" Xiao Zimo agreed.

    Yu Lan then picked up the cake and walked downstairs.

    After a while, Yu Lan came in with hot cakes, and there was a man behind him.

    The man looked at the door hesitantly and did not dare to come in, until Yu Lan walked to the table and no longer blocked his view, and when he saw Xiao Zimo was also inside, he walked in with confidence and boldness.

    "Brother Zhao, why are you here?" Xiao Zimo got up and greeted him.

    Zhao Huikang looked at Xiao Zimo and Wu Bai, and after thinking for a while, he pulled Xiao Zimo aside and asked in a low voice, "I heard that you were almost arrested by the Ren family, and I was worried about you, so Come and see you, what are you doing now?"