10.13

After returning from the wedding banquet at the Xia family, Wu Bai stayed at the Wu family for two more days before leaving Yancheng under the reluctant eyes of Wu's parents and Wu's mother.

    On the carriage, Xiao Zimo said, "If there is time in the future, I will definitely bring you to Yancheng to visit your father-in-law and mother-in-law."

    "I originally planned to invite my father and mother to visit Fencheng, but they refused." Wu Bai regretted.

    "Why is this?" Xiao Zimo asked in confusion.

    "Mother said that the journey is long, her body can't stand the bumps, and she told us not to go back unless it was necessary. The two trips are really tossing people." Wu Bai explained.

    Wu Bai knew why Wu's mother said this. She just felt that it was not good for him to go back to her parents' home often. She was worried that he would act recklessly because of Xiao Zimo's favor, which would cause Xiao's father and Xiao's mother to be dissatisfied. That's why he told him like that.

"We are still young and can stand the toss. If you miss them, just tell me and I will definitely accompany you back." Xiao Zimo promised.

    "Well, I know." Wu Bai nodded.

    The two returned to Xiao's house, and Father Xiao sent someone to call them to the study.

    "Father, do you have anything to do with us?" Xiao Zimo asked.

    "I plan to leave the family business to you to take care of." Father Xiao said bluntly.

    Xiao Zimo said in surprise: "Father, is there anything wrong with your body?"

    Father Xiao rolled his eyes at him and said, "I am in good health, but now that you are married, it is time to take up the burden of the family."

"But..." Xiao Zimo originally wanted to refuse, but he thought of the conversation with Xiao's father on the day of the wedding, and that he wanted to take care of Wu Bai, and he couldn't let Wu Bai take care of him in turn, he resolutely said: "Okay, I promise to take over. family business."

    "Yes, responsible." Father Xiao praised.

    "Don't be under pressure. If you encounter something difficult, you can come and ask me." Father Xiao comforted.

    "Yes, father, I know." Xiao Zimo nodded.

    In this way, Xiao Zimo took over the business of the Xiao family. He went out early and returned late every day, and was very busy.

    Wu Bai was not idle. He sorted out his dowry and found that most of the dowry that Wu's father and the others prepared for him were gold and silver jewelry, various ornaments, and silver notes.

    After thinking about it, Wu Bai understood the intention of Father Wu and the others.

The Wu family's business is in Yancheng. They don't have any property in Fencheng. Naturally, they can't give Wu Bai the title deed of the farm. Therefore, the Wu family and their husband will prepare a lot of silver bills for Wu Bai.

    Looking at the large amount of silver bills in his hand, Wu Bai made up his mind. He took the silver bills to Fencheng Yaxing and decisively bought more than a dozen shops.

    It was rare for the owner of Yaxing to meet such a wealthy customer as Wu Bai, and he kept recommending the house to him.

    However, Wu Bai felt that the house was empty and no one lived in it, and it needed to be repaired and maintained from time to time, which was very troublesome, so he didn't buy it.