13.10

After the banquet, Wu Bai was left behind by the emperor and the crown prince, while Xiao Zimo left the palace with the imperial edict.

    On the way out of the palace, many jinshi looked at Xiao Zimo with admiration, and many people crowded him out of the palace. They only thought that Xiao Zimo would be married because of his status as the champion, but they didn't expect Xiao Zimo. Get to know Wu Bai about this.

    Qi Chenghe looked at Xiao Zimo surrounded by the crowd, and secretly spurned Xiao Zimo.

    He used to think that Wu Bai was the younger brother of a minister's family. Xiao Zimo climbed up to Wu Bai, and he would definitely have smooth sailing in the future. At this moment, he already knew that Wu Bai was the emperor's brother, and Xiao Zimo became the concubine. Don't make him jealous, on the contrary, he feels that Xiao Zimo is not enterprising and will regret it sooner or later.

Xiao Zimo didn't know that Qi Chenghe had such a big prejudice against him. He thanked all the scholars with a smile on his face, and invited them to attend his wedding at that time.

    For Xiao Zimo's invitation, these jinshi naturally agreed happily.

    In the imperial study, Wu Bai looked at the emperor and the crown prince, and asked, "Imperial father, brother, what is the matter with you specifically letting me stay?"

    The emperor and the crown prince simply didn't want to watch Wu Bai and Xiao Zimo leave the palace together. Although Wu Bai and Xiao Zimo would go out and marry sooner or later, they didn't want to see this scene so soon.

    Seeing that the two of them were silent, Wu Bai had to say, "Since it's all right, then I'll go first."

    The emperor coughed twice and said, "I just want to tell you not to put too much sugar in the pastry."

The prince echoed: "Yes, I also think that the sugar in the pastry is a bit too much."

    "Why didn't you tell me that day?" Wu Bai asked suspiciously.

    "It's rare for you to make cakes for me, of course I can't break your confidence." The emperor made up.

    "Then you are willing to break my confidence now?" Wu Bai looked at the two of them with a strange face, always feeling that they were lying.

    "The sage often said that a wise king should be good at taking advice. The same is true for this matter. I have thought about it several times, but I still feel that I should tell you the truth."

    Wu Xu secretly gave the emperor a thumbs-up, and said in his heart: As expected of the emperor, even I almost believed it.

Wu Bai asked the prince a few more words, and found that the prince's taste was consistent with the emperor's, so he said, "Well, since you both like it that is not sweet, then I'll put less sugar next time."

    "That's right." The emperor nodded.

    "Erchen retire." Wu Bai proposed to leave.

    The emperor guessed that Xiao Zimo should have arrived at the gate of the palace at this moment, so he said cheerfully: "Let's go!"

    After Wu Bai left, the emperor glanced at Wu Xu and said, "Your prince is worthless, you can't even think of an excuse, and you still have the face to learn from me!"

    Wu Xu said embarrassedly: "My son just feels that the reason for the father's emperor is more seamless."

    "Smooth tongue!" The emperor glanced at Wu Xu in disgust, then waved at Wu Xu, signaling him to retire.