11.25

Half year later

    Mother Xiao accompanied Wu Bai for a walk in the garden, and Xiao Zimo came back with two strings of candied haws in his hands.

    "Wow! Candied gourd, give it to me!" Wu Bai walked towards him happily.

    Xiao Zimo smiled helplessly and said, "This candied gourd is very sweet, how come you never get tired of eating it!"

    Wu Bai looked at him in surprise and asked, "This is the first time you bought me candied haws. How do you know that I will never get tired of it?"

    "I don't know, it seems that you liked this in memory. When I saw it on the way back today, I bought it for you subconsciously. I didn't expect you to really like it." Xiao Zimo answered truthfully.

    "That's right!" Wu Bai nodded, his mind racing.

    Mother Xiao walked over to Wu Bai and said with concern, "You are pregnant now, so you can't walk too fast."

Xiao Zimo nodded and said, "Mother is right, next time you walk slowly, be careful not to hurt yourself."

    "Understood, I will pay attention." Wu Bai agreed.

    "Zimo, why did you go to office so early today?" Mother Xiao asked in confusion.

    "I want to tell Brother Bai something." Xiao Zimo explained.

    "Oh, then you take care of Brother Bai first, and I'll go to the kitchen to have a look." Mother Xiao urged.

    When she left, Wu Bai said with a bitter face, "Mother made me stew old hen soup again."

    "Don't worry, I'll drink it for you." Xiao Zimo pinched his cheek.

    "You're so kind." Wu Bai said happily, "You just said you had something to tell me, what is it?"

Xiao Zimo said: "King Jing was seized by the Censor Desk, and the military power in the Western Xinjiang was also taken back by His Majesty. He fell ill in a fit of anger."

    "Really? Then he is too miserable." Wu Bai said lightly.

    "When you were being chased by Jingwang's mansion when you were pretending to be the White God Doctor, I have always been curious, why are they chasing you?" Xiao Zimo asked.

    Wu Bai explained: "You know, I have treated King Jing twice, and after the first time he was cured, he sent people to hunt me down. I didn't expect him to be so kind and avenged, so I tried to sneak in. King Jing's mansion, overheard his conversation with his confidants, and learned that he was feared by His Majesty because of his huge power, and planned to cheat his death and leave the capital, and then go to the northern border to take back the military power in the northern border, thereby subverting the world, but Because he was rescued by me, naturally there is no way to cheat to death, so he will pursue and kill me relentlessly."

"Subvert the world!" Xiao Zimo exclaimed.

    "That's right, he wanted to repeat his old tricks and be cured by me again, that's why he hates me so much." Wu Bai replied.

    "King Jing Langzi's ambition is simply daring!" Xiao Zimo said happily, "Fortunately, he has you, otherwise his plan will definitely succeed. When the war breaks out, the world is in turmoil, and the people will suffer."

    "It's his own fault for him to end up like this now. I sent someone to watch him, don't worry, he shouldn't be able to turn the tide." Wu Bai reassured.

    "Who did you send?" Xiao Zimo asked curiously.

    "Zou Kang." Wu Bai replied.

    "Oh, it's him!" Xiao Zimo nodded.