10.17

Since the construction of Zijin Road, there has always been an endless stream of businessmen passing by here every day.

    Some people found business opportunities, and they built restaurants, inns, and teahouses on both sides of Zijin Road to provide a place for passing traders to rest.

    Once these restaurants and inns opened, they made a lot of money.

    Seeing such a situation, others followed suit. Gradually, there were many shops on both sides of Zijin Road.

    In addition, many people set up small stalls on the side of Zijin Road, which can also add a lot of income to the family.

    Many non-local businessmen came to Fencheng by boat, and when they heard people talk about Zijin Road, most of them chose to take Zijin Road for a while.

    Especially in March every year, there are countless foreign tourists on Zijin Road.

Unconsciously, the name of Zijin Road spread throughout the Great Southern Kingdom. Many young men and women heard about the love story between Wu Bai and Xiao Zimo, and they came to Zijin Road to promise each other for a lifetime.

    The fame of Zijin Road not only brought many merchants to Fencheng, but also brought many merchants to Yancheng, which increased the commercial prosperity between the two cities.

    Naturally, the Xiao family and the Wu family would not miss the benefits brought by these merchants. They also built countless restaurants and inns on both sides of Zijin Road.

    The change in Zijin Road didn't affect Wu Bai much, it was just that there were more ledgers he needed to look at.

    Xiao Zimo came to the study with Xiao Taotao in his arms. He said to Wu Bai, "Father, let's see later. Today is Xiao Taotao's birthday. How about we take him out for shopping?"

Wu Bai put down the account book in his hand, looked up at the father and son at the door, and said with a slight smile, "Okay."

    "Father, hug~" Little Taotao, who had just turned two years old, reached out to Wu Bai.

    "He has been talking about you since just now." Xiao Zimo handed the child to Wu Bai.

    "Xiao Taotao's birthday today, do you have anything you want?" Wu Bai coaxed to the child in his arms.

    Xiao Taotao nestled in Wu Bai's arms, he shook his head and said, "No, Xiao Taotao doesn't, I want to hug."

    "Okay, hahaha..." Wu Bai pinched his little cheek and replied with a smile.

    Soon the family of three went out.

    On the street, someone shouted: "Roasted sweet potatoes, fresh and sweet roasted sweet potatoes~"

    Hearing this voice, Wu Bai thought of what he saw in the space, and he walked towards the stall selling sweet potatoes.

"Old man, how do you sell sweet potatoes?" Wu Bai asked.

    The old man smiled and replied: "My sweet potato is ten cents a piece, how many do you want to buy?"

    "Give me three." Wu Bai said.

    "Okay." The old man happily packed three sweet potatoes and handed them to Wu Bai.

    It was inconvenient for Wu Bai to hold the child, so Xiao Zimo took the sweet potato.

    "Old man, did you grow your own sweet potatoes?" Wu Bai asked.

    "Yes, this is the seed sent by the imperial court. There are only a few families in our village who went to get the seed, and I am one of them." The old man replied.