13.26

Penal department

    Wu Xu was handling the case of Song De and others when Lou Taihe suddenly walked in and said, "Your Highness, King An has passed away."

    "Uncle An has passed away!" Wu Xu stood up in shock and asked, "What happened? Why did he die suddenly?"

    "I don't know what's going on." Lou Taihe shook his head.

    "Uncle, I'll leave the next thing to you. I want to go to the palace to see the situation." Wu Xu explained.

    Wu Xu got up and left the Department of Punishment. When he was at the gate of the palace, he encountered the carriage on Wu Bai's house. The two sides got off the carriage, and Wu Xu quickly walked towards Wu Bai.

    "Brother Bai, Uncle An Huang passed away, do you know what happened?" Wu Xu asked.

    Wu Bai replied: "My father called me into the palace today to diagnose and treat my uncle."

"So, the father promised to give the death of Uncle An to make amends for the people who died in vain in Yongyuan Mansion?" Wu Xu asked.

    "Well, the royal father agreed." Wu Bai nodded.

    The two were talking, and Wu Chen led a group of palace servants out. When he saw Wu Bai and others, he proudly stepped forward to say hello.

    "Brother Huang, are you here to visit the emperor?" Wu Chen asked.

    "Yeah, where are you going?" Wu Xu asked curiously.

    "Uncle An passed away from a serious illness. The father heard that the princess was very sad, and specially ordered me to give the princess something as compensation." Wu Chen answered Wu Xu's question, and then handed over, "My brother still has to finish it. Farewell to the things that the royal father explained!"

    When Wu Chen walked away, Wu Bai said, "I always think that the third brother looks a little strange?"

    "What's weird?"Xiao Zimo asked.

    "I can't tell, I just think it's weird." Wu Bai said hesitantly.

    The three came to the imperial study and learned that the emperor had returned to the bedroom, so they moved to the Taiji Hall.

    The emperor heard that the three of them were coming, and after thinking about it, let Xuan and them go in.

    As soon as he entered the bedroom, Wu Bai saw the pale emperor lying on the bed, he hurriedly knelt in front of the emperor's bed and shouted, "Father."

    The emperor looked at his two favorite children, he sighed deeply, and said, "Get up quickly!"

    "Father, it's all my fault. I shouldn't force you to attack Uncle An." Wu Bai looked at the sick-faced emperor and regretted that his previous attitude was too aggressive. He could think otherwise. How to deal with King An's.

    The emperor shook his head and said, "I don't blame you for this. The emperor is guilty of breaking the law and the common people."

Wu Bai took the emperor's pulse and found that the other party was suffering from a heart attack. He said sadly, "Father, you must get better!"

    "Don't worry, I'm not that bad." The emperor comforted.

    Then the emperor talked with Wu Bai and others for a while, and his face showed fatigue. Wu Bai tucked the emperor's quilt and said, "Father, if you are tired, sleep for a while!"

    The emperor nodded slightly and closed his eyes.

    Wu Bai walked out of the bedroom with the others.