15.13

Two days later, Xiao Zimo accompanied Wu Bai to the mayor's house for a follow-up consultation for the mayor.

    The mayor looked much better, not like the skinny appearance that day, the whole person looked full of energy, and was able to get out of bed and walk a few steps, but the mayor's wife still insisted that he lie on the bed.

    The husband and wife learned that Wu Bai came to the door, and quickly asked the housekeeper to bring them in.

    "Doctor Wu, thank you so much, my master will be saved." The mayor's wife said gratefully.

    "Madam doesn't have to be so polite. As a doctor, it is my duty to save lives and heal the wounded." Wu Bai said modestly.

Then Wu Bai sat on the stool and began to check the pulse of the mayor. After a while, Wu Bai said: "The mayor's anorexia has almost recovered, but he was emaciated by the disease before, and I will give him two more. The recipe for self-cultivation can be completely healed by consolidating one’s roots and cultivating vitality.”

    "Thank you, Doctor Wu," the mayor said.

    After drinking the decoction for two days, he has recovered for the most part, and speaking is no longer a problem.

    Wu Bai smiled lightly, walked to the table, wrote down the prescription for replenishing his body, and handed it to the housekeeper.

    At this time, the mayor's wife took a wooden box from the servant girl, handed it to Wu Bai, and said, "Thank you, Dr. Wu, this is our reward for you, and I hope that Dr. Wu will not refuse."

    "You're welcome, Madam." Wu Bai took the wooden box with a smile.

    After sending Wu Bai and Xiao Zimo away, the son of the Wen family came to the mayor's house as promised.

After hearing the report, the mayor's wife suddenly felt that one head and two were big, and she looked at the mayor helplessly.

    "Don't panic." The mayor reassured, and then calmly instructed his servants, "Go and invite Master Wen here."

    "Yes." The servant quickly retreated.

    After a while, Wen Yipeng came to the mayor's room under the guidance of his servants.

    When he saw the mayor who was in bed, he bowed his hands and said, "Yi Peng has seen the mayor."

    "Young Master Lao Wen has made this trip." The mayor greeted.

    "It's okay, it's okay to visit the mayor. I wonder if the mayor's health is better?" Wen Yipeng asked.

    "Thank you, Young Master Wen, for your concern, Lu Mou is much better." The mayor cupped his hands.

The two exchanged a few words, and Wen Yipeng went straight to the topic and said, "The other day Mrs. promised to let go of my subordinates, but they haven't returned today. I wonder if the mayor knows about this?"

    The mayor nodded and said, "I do know about this. I have sent people to send them to the county office for those people who broke into the house without permission."

    "The county government?" Wen Yipeng's face turned dark, and said, "The mayor didn't take my Wen family seriously!"

    "Young Master Wen is joking, I'm the mayor of Deyang Town, not your Wen family's mayor. If someone dares to make trouble in Deyang Town, that means they can't get along with me!" The mayor said with a serious face, "Although the Wen family is in Deyang, The town has some power, but the old man has not been in Deyang town for nothing, if Mr. Wen is dissatisfied with the old man's decision, he can come to the old man!"