14.9

Yishi County

    After Wu Bai retired from the court, he asked the yamen to invite Zuo Zuo.

    Zuo Zuo cupped his hands and asked, "I don't know what your lord ordered?"

    "You checked Master Xiang's body today, but did you find other scars on his body? Are you sure the cause of death was poisoning?" Wu Bai asked.

    "Master Hui, there are no other scars on Mr. Xiang's body. He indeed died of poisoning, which is the same as the poison in the teapot." Zuzuo replied.

    "Very good, you retire first!" Wu Bai waved his hands.

    After Wu Zuo retired, Wu Bai thought about it, he returned to the backyard, changed into neat clothes, and quietly left the county office.

     …

    Xiang Zhicheng picked up the cup in his hand and threw it to the ground, and said angrily, "There are all the evidence in this case, but Mr. Wu actually didn't convict that woman directly!"

The Shen shi who was sitting beside him calmly comforted: "What are you afraid of, even if Master Wu tries again, it will still be the same result."

    "That's right, but this case doesn't end in a day, and I always feel a little uneasy in my heart." Xiang Zhicheng said with a worried face.

    Seeing his worried face, Shen changed the subject and said, "Have you disposed of that box of tea?"

    Xiang Zhicheng nodded and said, "Yes."

    "Since everything has been dealt with, then you patiently wait for Mr. Wu to close the case, why panic!" Shen shi said disapprovingly.

    "But I'm always flustered in my heart." Xiang Zhicheng said nervously.

    Shen shi got up and walked to his side, and took advantage of the situation to sit in the other's arms. She raised her hand to touch Xiang Zhicheng's chest, and said softly, "I'll give you a rub, are you still flustered?"

Xiang Zhicheng grabbed her hand, a smile suddenly appeared on his face, he raised his eyebrows and smiled: "It seems to be more flustered, can you feel it carefully?"

    Outside the window, Wu Bai: "..."

    Hearing the two people in the room entangled, Wu Bai slowly left Xiangfu. He came to the prison and asked the jailer to take Ye Shi out.

    Ye Shi came to the room where the prisoners were interrogated uneasy. She looked at Wu Bai and hurriedly saluted, "Meet Your Excellency."

    "Get up!" Wu Bai pointed to the chair beside him and said, "You sit first, this officer has something to ask you."

    "Sir, may I ask you." Ye Shi sat on the chair nervously.

    "How is your relationship with Xiang Zhicheng on weekdays?" Wu Bai asked.

    "Our mother-son relationship has always been very good, and he respects me very much." Ye replied.

    "Respect?But just now in the lobby, he seemed intent on making you plead guilty, and he didn't mean to excuse you at all. "Wu Bai asked back.

    Ye Shi explained: "This child has been closer to his father since he was a child. Now the master has been poisoned by drinking the tea I made with my own hands. He believes that the master was killed by a civilian woman, and naturally refuses to speak for me."

    "He has a closer relationship with Mr. Xiang? Is there any reason for this?" Wu Bai asked.

    "To tell the truth, Zhicheng is not the biological child of me and the master, he is the child adopted by me and the master. The master saw that he was lonely, and I had not been pregnant for many years, so he adopted him. When he was adopted by us, he was already adopted. At the age of four, perhaps like this, he will be more affectionate to the master." Ye Shi replied.