12.14

Capital

    Wu's father and Wu's mother stood in front of Wu's house, looking up.

    "Madam, look quickly, the young master and their carriage have arrived." The maid pointed to the distance and said to Wu's mother.

    "Brother Bai, my brother Bai is finally back." Wu Mu excitedly walked down the stairs in front of the mansion and greeted the carriage.

    Several carriages slowly drove towards Wu Mansion, and finally stopped in front of the mansion.

    Wu Bai lifted the curtain of the carriage and walked down from inside.

    When he saw Wu's mother walking quickly, he quickly walked over to support her, and said, "Mom, walk slowly and be careful when you fall."

    Wu's mother looked at Wu Bai with tears and joy, and said distressedly: "My brother Bai has lost a lot of weight."

    "Mother, touch my face, all the flesh has grown here." Wu Bai grabbed Wu's mother's hand and said.

Father Wu came over and said, "Let's go to the mansion and talk, it's so cold outside, in case Brother Bai freezes."

    "Yes, let's go into the mansion to talk." Wu mother wiped away her tears and walked into the mansion with Wu Bai.

    The family walked into the hall. The charcoal fire was burning here, but it was very warm. Wu Bai felt a little hot, so he took off the rabbit fur cape he was wearing and handed it to the maid next to him.

    Then Wu’s father and Wu’s mother asked about Wu Bai’s life in Huabao Temple. Wu Bai picked out a few interesting things to tell them. Wu Bai felt a little hungry.

    Wu's mother hurriedly ordered the people to bring the meals prepared in advance. These meals are all Wu Bai's favorite. She looked at the thin Wu Bai, picked up chopsticks and put a chopstick dish in Wu Bai's bowl.

"Brother Bai, your mother specially made these dishes for you, you can try them." Father Wu reminded.

    "Mother's trouble." Wu Bai picked up the chopsticks, ate the vegetables with Wu's mother, and then praised Wu's mother: "These dishes are really delicious, I like them very much."

    "Father, mother, don't watch me eat, you can try it too!" Wu Bai gave the Wu family and the husband and wife dishes separately.

    "Okay, let's eat now." Wu's parents and Wu's mother happily enjoyed the vegetables Wu Bai gave them.

    After the meal, Wu's mother wanted to continue talking with Wu Bai, but Wu's father stopped her.

    "Brother Bai has just come back, and he was tired from traveling. Let him go to rest first. Let's talk about it tomorrow!"

    Mother Wu nodded and said, "Okay, I didn't think about it carefully, Brother Bai, go and rest!"

    "Okay, let's retire first."Wu Bai left here obediently.

    When Wu Bai left, the smile that Wu's mother had just propped up suddenly disappeared and turned into worry.

    "Although half a year has passed, the original rumors have gradually dissipated, but no one is willing to come to propose marriage. If this goes on, Brother Bai's marriage will have to be delayed." Wu's mother said worriedly.

    Father Wu's expression was a little better, not so dignified, and he said with relief: "You don't have to worry too much, I am a sacrificial wine of the Imperial College after all, and many young and promising students in the academy are not married. After the new year, I will visit them at their homes. , there must be someone who is willing to marry Brother Bai, and his marriage will not be delayed."