15.14

Yunxi Village

    Everyone gathered in the open space in front of the village's ancestral hall to eat the water table. The village chief said that the water table will be set up for three days to celebrate the happy event.

    For this banquet, in addition to the people from Yunxi Village, many people from several neighboring villages also came. They surrounded Xiao Zimo and Wu Bai, and wanted to send their children here to study.

    For such a request, Xiao Zimo did not refuse. He had long guessed that such a situation would occur, and he and Wu Bai were planning to build an academy in the village so that they would be able to accept these children.

    In the Great Wei Dynasty, there was no rule that merchants could not enter the office. With the arrival of the county magistrate and the mayor one after another, many wealthy households in the town and county expressed their desire to send their children to Xiao Zimo to study.

Regarding these people's requests, Xiao Zimo and Wu Bai thought about it several times, and felt that there was no difference, so they agreed.

    After making the decision to repair the academy, Wu Bai and Xiao Zimo shared the news with the village chief, and the village chief took the opportunity of three days of running water to spread the news.

    After the mayor heard the news, he personally visited the Xiao family in Yunxi Village.

    "Master Xiao, Doctor Wu, how are you." The mayor greeted first.

    "What is the so-called mayor coming here today?" Wu Bai poured a cup of tea for the mayor and asked.

    "I heard that Master Xiao plans to build an academy in Yunxi Village, is there any such thing?" the mayor asked.

    Xiao Zimo nodded and said, "That's right."

After getting the exact answer, the mayor said happily: "There are two stubborn grandsons in the old man's family. I hope that I will have the opportunity to study with Master Xiao at that time?"

    "Of course, since I want to build an academy, I definitely want to pass on what I have learned to the students. If Sun is fond of learning, I will naturally welcome it." Xiao Zimo replied.

    "Hahaha, Master Xiao is so refreshing, so I don't want to be stingy." The mayor laughed twice, took out two silver notes from his arms and handed them to Xiao Zimo, and said, "This is a little thought from the old man, I hope If I can help Master Xiao build the academy as soon as possible, I hope Master Xiao will not refuse."

    Xiao Zimo smiled lightly: "So, Xiao is welcome. Xiao thanked the mayor for his kindness on behalf of the students."

"Master Xiao doesn't need to be so polite. This Yunxi Village is also under the jurisdiction of the old man. Now that he can do something for the people, this is what the old man should do." The mayor said modestly.

    "Hahaha... The mayor is so considerate of the people, this is the blessing of the people of Deyang Town." Xiao Zimo said with a smile.

    The two sides chatted and laughed, Xiao Zimo and Wu Bai got up and sent the mayor away.

    Not long after, someone knocked on the door of Xiao's house again, Wu Bai opened the door and found that the person who came was the county magistrate.

    "Hello, county magistrate." Wu Bai and Xiao Zimo asked politely.

    "Haha...Okay, okay." The county magistrate looked at their husband and wife with a look of relief. He thought that there were so many children under his control this year, all of which were brought by Xiao Zimofufu. overjoyed.