28- Toxic

28- Toxic
Jack's room,

Jack stood combing his hair admiring himself in the mirror before hitting his bed. His mom stepped in with worry.

"Jack!" She let out sitting on the couch stressful.

"What happened, mom? You seem dull" Jack asked sitting beside taking her hand.

"If I tell you something, will you listen to me?" She asked looking into his blue oceanic eyes.

"Yeah, just order mom" he smiled.

"Don't fight with Manik" as the word left her mouth Jack left her hand in surprise.

"Because he saved us so. But you only told me that we should stand for right? Do you think he is right mom?" Jack implored frustrated.

"No man is right in case of hurting women. But he is stubborn, we know Manik never hurts any but now it changed. Have patience everything will be sorted out soon. I just want you stay out of his personal matters" Maya tried to explain.

"If she dies?"

"Shut up, Manik will look after her"

"I can't believe you. You're a liar! You are washing my brain listening to him. Even you know that Nandini doesn't deserve this. It's been three weeks did he atleast once treat her like a human. It's not right! That girl did nothing but suffering to hell. If I let this happen he will kill her one day. I'm just trying to save him from falling into the pit of guilt. He is my elder brother, mom. But I won't let him do wrong." Jack confessed stepping out.

"But anger just provokes others think about it. If you keep provoking him he will go beyond worst. Be cool and deal smart"

"It never gonna work. I will see for a while, if he won't change I will tell everything to Victor sir" Jack said furiously before pulling off the sheet on him.

On another hand

Manik felt so irritated by Jack's support towards Nandini and also Wilson's silence added more fuel. Everything around him turned out as a reason for his sleeplessness. Suddenly he was feared of failing in his last trial in addition losing Jack. He couldn't take the fact that the one whom he treated as his brother from childhood stood opposite to him and defending an outsider.

Morning

Manik passed an icy look at Jack who said on the dining table.

"Good Morning, Jack" Manik greeted breaking the ice.

"Good Morning, boss" Jack smiled that reached like mock to Manik. Maya signed Jack to keep quiet which was causally ignored by Jack.

She served them breakfast and arranged a plate for Nandini. When she was about to take it upstairs. Manik frozen her.

"No need of door-to-door service aunty, inform her to come down as per schedule," Manik said.

"Ok, I will give this and tell her to join from the afternoon" Maya tried to save her for a while atleast.

"Why not it be right now? Leave the plate here and tell her to be here in 10 minutes orelse it won't be nice to her" Manik ordered with a roar that Jack glared in anger ready to fight. Maya got Nandini quick silently praying God to end these fights.

Nandini shivered seeing him near the table. She has seen her plate between their seats. Jack smiled welcoming her.

"Good Morning, princess" Jack greeted that she jumped in surprise hearing him. Till the date, None greeted her with such pure nature. She smiled softly mumbling "good morning, sir"