135- Confessions

135 - Confessions

Night Nandini didn't remember her warning, her mind was too busy thinking about the meeting she had with foreign delegates it's gonna happen virtual late night because that would be working hours on the other side of the world.

Lily slept talking to her dad, today Nandini didn't disturb them and left it on Manik. Because she became confident that he would be back to them soon.

"I had an important conference, you sleep. Good night" Nandini says before walking to the balcony and settling comfortably on the couch.

Manik didn't get sleep while thinking about Jack's words about Nandini and Lily. Whatever he said was true, he never asked her what she wanted and all her life she was obeying everyone around and even now, without even asking her he forced her to be CEO and locked her in his prison. In fear of Zach, he tied her wings. She might be stressed up in life bearing all responsibilities.

"Shall I ask her to resign? Or should I join back?"

"Don't use your stupid brain, already ruined her, atleast now have courage to ask her what she wants to do?" His good soul scolded him.

"She will kill you if you do anything else, have you seen her confidence in her eyes this afternoon." His evil mind warned.

"huh! What should I do ask her or keep quiet? I'm unable to see her working so hard"

"Ask her, give options! first, gain some strength. What will happen if she punches you in the wrong place and that prison!" His evil negative mind pushed.

"Why will she do anything? She loves you bro"

"Oh ho! Love is history but your future is mystery" His devil mind argued more.

"Huh! If you keep thinking negatively none can save you. Okay anyway you decided to ruin your life with divorce, give it a try. You had nothing to lose"

After a long battle, he went to talk to her, she completed her conference and rested on the couch exhausted, pressing her head.

"Na... Nandinii" he called out hesitating to check her mood. She softly opened her eyes looking at his stressed face.

"You are awake still? I told you to sleep"

"Can I talk to you?"

"we are talking already, tell me" She smiled offering him to sit beside her, but Manik sat on the floor beside her legs, holding her hands in his.

"I... Never asked you before, are you liking to work or do you have any future plans?" he paused looking at her confused feeling on her face.

"You proved your ability and already repaid me enough, I want you to do anything you wish. You can even resign as CEO. I will take care of everything. You just tell me what you like?"

"Are you willing to know the answer? Can you accept it?" she asked in disbelief.

"Just tell me"

"This scientist and CEO I didn't plan, it just went on flow, that's not even my dream. I just worked on them, but even before coming here. I had a dream, every night I used to sleep imagining that dream living in it. I always wished it would turn true for me, miracles happened but my simple dream remained unfulfilled, now I think it's totally impossible." she whispered with a chuckle.

"Then what is your dream?"

"I gave you a box before leaving, have you opened it?" Nandini asked remaining him about the wooden box she gave him.