62- Parted

62- Parted

After composing himself, he went to her room to talk to her.

As the door was wide open he walked in directly and she was busy looking at the newspaper caressing their photo together. He cleared his throat to get her attention. Seeing him in front she has hidden the paper behind and pushed in under the pillow crawling back.

He pulled the half stool beside him and sat near her with pin-drop silence. She waited for him to break the silence which consumed few more minutes.

"Hmm, Are you serious in that or you just said in flow?" Manik asked glaring at her.

"About?"

"That love?" Manik added worried about her answer.

"I told you. It's nothing" she said looking away.

"No, look at me. Just listen to me once" he whispered taking her hand in his.

"I don't know what made you change your opinion on me. I have seen a drastic change in you from the day you returned with me. I started seeing different person inside you. Even if I ask reason you will not tell me. So let it be aside. Today I will remain you what I'm! When you had a happy life, I came to disturb you and messed you up, I molested you and created rift between your parents and you. I made you alone and tortured you. That night I punished you for throwing my pen drive. But I found the pen drive within minutes, still, I made you search and choked you inside water. I trapped you with help of your friends and assaulted you. I clicked all dirty pictures with you and showed them to your dad. I blackmailed him to run his and your image by putting allegations of honey trapping. So that your father signed the document and sold you in exchange of investments. Forcibly got you here and tortured you. What not I did every wrong thing to you! If I was you I would've said media everything, but you destroyed your image. Will any idiot do this? What happened to you girl? How can you just forgive your molester?" Manik cried frustrated. Nandini closed her eyes gulping tears remembering all the pain she went through from the last three years of her life and also the video of lily begging for mercy, the words penned with tears. Everything revolved in her mind causing her more pain. She remember her ruthless father who was still thinking about his profit and saving culprits.

Pulling away her hand from him, She gave him a tight slap shocking him. Unlike other times he wasn't furious at her action, as he realised he deserves that after doing all bad things to her. He felt that was her reply for his explanation and rubbing his sore cheek he stood up to leave, but her next sentence halted his world.

"Why you are going? Logically, I slapped you. I slapped my boss! You had all right to hit me back and it's true nature of every creature then why you are walking off? As you said you are the man who did all wrong things to me. It wasn't first time that you got reason to hit me, then what stopped you now?" She questioned with a sharp glare into his eyes that her glare reached him like a knife. He couldn't able to meet her eyes, lowering his eyes he tried to search for some valid words to end this off but failed miserably.

"Hope and reason? Once you hoped hurting me can make my father tell you the truth. You expected my father to love me and no doubt even I thought my father loves me. Not just me every child thinks their parents love them and put their life to impress their parents by meeting their expectations. Although I tried I couldn't impress them. I lost my father and you lost your hope. Now you don't have any reason to hurt me. I'm useless to you so you have zero expectations from me. Now my existence or obedience doesn't matter you. I was a daughter who was been sold for profit. Hurting me in any way is not useful to you because it means nothing to my father I.e your enemy. So you thought to leave me in his place only. You thought to get rid of me that second after getting final confirmation from my father, but I forced you to get me back. I'm sorry, I couldn't withstand his sight. I don't want to see the face of the man who sold me for his profits. I was helpless when I went to see him with all my heart. You know what he asked me, he asked me to seduce you and get your signatures on blank documents to take hold of your all property. He knows his daughter was been beaten and assaulted every second, but he wants to destroy you using me.   Both of you want to win your race using me, I was useless to you it's alright but here after I don't want to be useful to anyone in this world. I want to use myself. I won't let people use me as their weapon to fulfill their need. Today I took a stand to you because I don't want to be used by this world to defeat you. I know I mean nothing to you and you don't need to prove me that every second. Whatever you did to me can't be forgotten or forgiven but can't be changed. I learnt to accept my reality, I have to accept the fact that I was a default human who wants to use me when they find everything else is not working. I know my worth, I swear I'm not dreaming to be a billionaire's girlfriend or mistress or friend. I just want to end alone like Nandini. Just Nandini orphan I don't have anyone and will never have also. You don't need to explain anything about my decisions or life. I know what Im going, I just expect some freedom from you. I want to do a part-time job to earn my money. I don't want to be like a burden to you eating your food. I want to earn my food and shelter." She sobbed pouring out her pain. Manik just felt to pull her in a tight hug and assure her that he was there for her and she was not any weapon to him, but his life. He couldn't tell it because he knows his past. She was right, everyone used her including him.