160- First love

160- First love

Flashback

Victor and Joy are twins but Victor is an intelligent extrovert and Joy is a reserved kid with more observing knowledge. Although he never spoke much, he used to observe things and people around him. But his family always treated him as a dumb. They started comparing the twins in everything that stressed the little Joy alot, he started hating Victor alot. The little Joy started thinking if Victor hadn't born, his family would've accepted him the way he is! He started turning rebellious towards his twin, and although Victor tried to comfort him Joy hated him the most, the fights turned physical and Little Joy almost killed his twin by choking him. His parents felt it unsafe to raise them together so being a little mature Victor was picked up by his grandfather. From the age of ten both the twins lived a different life, Victor was raised in London where as Joy lived with his parents in California.

That felt like an ever-best decision, as Joy started living a normal life. But little did they know the change wasn't only because of Victor's absence, on the twin's fifteenth birthday Joy visited an orphanage with his parents where he met Lily, a cute little girl. She lost her migrated parents in a car crash and her grandparents weren't educated or settled to take care of this little girl, so the government took her custody and she got shelter in the orphanage.

She was a bubbly little girl who easily brought a smile on Joy's face, but his insecurities didn't let him be like an ordinary guy. He badly wanted to be friends with her but he didn't have the courage to speak. Five years he turned as her stalker to her school to the orphanage. Joy used to buy greeting cards for Lily but never gave her any of them. Lily did notice him around rarely but she ignored thinking it was a coincidence, soon he started liking her more and started secretly sending her chocolates, and flowers many but never confessed to her face to face. Lily liked her secret admirer, she noticed all the care and attention she was getting from her admirer. That made her feel so special. She waited for the time when he would stand in front of her to confess his love.

Lily completed her school and won a scholarship to join the University of London, after her graduation at the phase of internship, Victor met as a CEO and her intern. She recognized him and his cold nature confused her yet she moved on thinking he might be upset with her for leaving USA all of sudden, but she did notice him being attentive to her needs.

Lily continued loving Victor thinking he was her secret admirer back then but Victor was unaware of any of it, he started admiring her by her talent and solely fell for her attitude. After all identical twins have the same DNA maybe sometimes same interests and both ended up liking the same girl.

Flashback breaks.

"Your twin died before meeting Mom then how you found this?" Manik asked shocked.

"I never knew anything of this until I fell badly for Lily, one day when I asked Lily about the reason for not trusting me prior before living in, then she told me "Victor, I think you wanna hide it or you never noticed it, I know you are my secret admirer from my school days. I thought to talk to you once before moving here, but I didn't find you. I thought you were not serious also I'm not sure about our progress. Simple reason in a span of five years you couldn't even able to speak to me face up then how can I expect you to be beside me forever? I just wanna make sure you are stable or not and I dislike men without guts. Now I realized you were just shy back then but now you are a complete man. My man!" Until then I never knew that she lived in that provision, I still remember the happiness on her face and connecting dots, I realized the one she mentioned about was my twin Joy back in California, but he left home and went on the world tour. I felt it was just teenage love, he might moved on to enjoying his life. Back one day he came to me, lucky that day I noticed him before anyone. He told me that he had been searching for his girlfriend travelling around for years and last he got her address here, he begged me to give him Lily, only Lily he cried telling me he could do anything for her. I tried convincing him telling she moved on and had someone in her life. Joy cried broken I couldn't see him that way and decided to talk to Lily about everything but the day I realised she was pregnant with my child, I turned selfish. I got scared if I told her the truth about my twin being her first love, her love for me may fade. What if she chose Joy over me? What if she thinks I cheated her hiding the truth about my twin all this time? What if she hates me? My baby? I turned all so blind and decided to cheat my brother. I told him it was okay, I had a plan to break her love and forced Joy to go on a vacation. One week on my yacht, I knew his love for the sea and I used it for my benefit and blocking all his gadgets, I got married to Lily and we both shifted US within that week. We already had a plan to start LP here and the project is under construction, I fastened everything. I thought later I should tell him everything in detail about my child but before that, he somehow found it and thought I was planning to kill him as all my guards were around him just to look after him, but he feared and jumped into the ocean and never returned. I could never forgive myself, I find myself foolish for doing it. Is my life that weak to break up knowing the truth?  I should've told her the truth before asking her for marriage but I hid it, I thought to tell her after marriage but then I lost my twin. That guilt kept killing me, every time I saw us happy I felt like if my brother was alive he would've had same happy life. Did I steal my twin's life to build mine?  I'm so pathetic brother, I broke my twin's heart to win my love, maybe I was more insecure in my life beyond him. I was so possessed by my love. Even though I won everything, the guilt of losing my twin sucks. I thought to tell everything to Lily atleast that could reduce my guilt a little. So I planned a trip to my parent's place, I thought to give her a tour of my childhood home and share about my twin. But it turned as a nightmare, we met with an accident on the way, I think karma hit me hard. you also had a twin but due to the accident, we lost him. I couldn't see Lily broken so I didn't let her know about anything. I was never this way but when it's about Lily I was so overprotective, I want her best, happy and I would do anything for her. But in the end, she lost her life in the luxury car which I gifted for our anniversary turning into ashes, how much it had hurt her to be burned that way? She never deserves it, all her life she kept on hardworking for a good cause, I wonder where all the blessings and prayers have gone to end her that way. Atleast destiny should have chosen me over her. You know I never even let her cook in fear of getting hurt a little but then my love crashed into ashes. She left me! She dammit left me! How could she be so selfish?  She promised me forever and left me alone why can't you take me back or she learnt everything about me and hates me! I don't know anything, but I regret not telling her the truth, I should've let her decide her life. I'm so much worse, I'm so sorry Lily. I'm so sorry!" Manik was speechless hearing everything, he couldn't figure out who was at fault in this everything.

"Hmm, Joy may got hurt by Dad's betrayal and planned revenge on him. When Joy loves Mom so much how can he kill her? He can easily kidnap my mom and pretend to be Dad or he can kill my dad and replace himself, why this all happened? Why does he hate Mom? Is that accident a planned one? Why did not Joy contacted Mom and confess this everything?"

"How you are sure that your twin died? You haven't recovered his body then why you stopped the search?"

"No person can survive in the middle of the ocean under heavy pressure without safety gear, it was a stormy day. It's impossible to survive maybe some shark or he committed suicide removing gear. I should've understood him better. I lost my half because of my impulsive decision. My fears took over everything and I lost even after winning everything." Victor cried sober letting all his pain out with tears. 

Who was wrong?