63- Role Change

63- Role Change

Manik was restless in either ways, he felt stuck in his life where all the doors are closed and there was no hope. Nandini's words echoed in his mind her every word stabbed him twice and thrice making it more worst. On the other side, Nandini started researching weird combinations that confused Zach as well. Only highly qualified experts touch the subjects like venom and its different combinations along with its effects.

"Hey, it's in-depth content kid you can't understand anything" Zach said sitting beside her in the library.

"I don't need in-depth, I can understand what I'm searching for" she said in a serious tone focusing back.

"What you are searching for?"

"You said you know Mr. Charleston, can I meet him?" She asked suddenly shocking him for a while.

"Why do you want to meet a herpetologist? Chemistry different and replies are different? You are not any zoology student, what do you get knowing about snakes?" Zach asked doubtfully.

"Knowledge it's valuable to me. I want to know about the things that made me curious just like this, can you help me?" She asked with an intense look that he felt her decision is confident. Although he denies she may make it up anyway.

"Ok, I will get an appointment. But be careful you shouldn't get scared seeing his pets there" Zach chuckled. She laughed happily.

He took an appointment in the evening after classes. Now she had full freedom so she don't need someone's permission or company to make her decisions which made things easy.

But the thing she is unaware of is Manik returned and waiting for her near the gate where students reach to get their vehicles. He came excited to see her directly from the airport, but his all happiness was ruined by the person beside her.

Nandini stepped out of the campus along with Zach and also a smile dancing on their lips. He stepped closer to them to break the moment.

"Angel!" He called out reaching her. Her face glowed hearing his tone she instantly turned towards him excited. Her legs want to run to him locking him in a hug and tell him how much she missed him, but she held herself back creating a cold glare.

"Hi" she mumbled hiding her excitement.

"Come let's go," Manik said taking her hand.

"No, I had some important work. You go home" Nandini said freeing her hand.

"What?"

"You want me to repeat?" He asked in a serious tone shocking him. He has never seen her such attitude with him or anyone. Suddenly his eyes fell on Zach. He grabbed him by his collar in anger.

"What you are doing with my girl?" He growled in anger.

"He is my professor" Nandini showed pushing him back.

"Professor? Zach!" Manik uttered looking at him confused. Nandini glared surprised hearing the Name from Manik.

"Yeah, Manik. I completed my Doctorate and joined as a professor here. Chill man I don't want to disturb you, but we again collided" Zach chuckled settling his shirt.

"You both know each other?" Nandini asked Zach.

"Same batch, I'm the runner. He is the topper and fame taker" Zach smiled. Manik fisted his hand holding his anger, he hated the thing Nandini is talking to his life's first competitor.