129- Decline

129 - Decline

Exactly it's been 2 years of Manik parting out of his family and starving himself. His baby was now two years eight months old and started recognizing and talking to persons around. She even started writing her own using creative ideas to play. But Nandini noticed many things in her daughter which are familiar to Manik family such as being a left-hander and being so curious to learn most importantly observation. She speaks or makes sounds less but uses her eyes to observe the details.

The little girl used to hear and watch her mother crying late night watching her father's portrait displayed on the wall, but she never knew why he was not with them. The little girl had tried to ask her uncle Jack with her tiny formed words, but Jack told her he was a busy person and would come soon. Both Nandini and Jack used to lie the same.

On the other hand, John was worried seeing his boss's devasted state, but Manik sealed his mouth with strict orders. He was a loyal servant to his boss just like Jack, but he gained strength in fear of seeing him die starved this way, he met Jack and told him everything that had happened in the last two years. All these days Jack thought he went on a hunt and Nandini thought Manik was avoiding them in his hate. She tried to contact him all the time she got a response from John saying he was busy and all the firms managed by Manik were running successfully erasing the benefit of doubt.

Jack rushed to the farmhouse, he got easy access as he was with John and John ran behind Jack showing him the metal chamber where Manik and Zach were living. John opened the door with his access card.

The scenario inside made Jack numb. It was a dark room with dim lighting and the smell of medicines was overloaded and raw odour of blood bitten his nostrils. Jack immediately searched for the powerboard and turned on the light which disturbed both Manik and Zach.

Zach crawled back in fear thinking he get beaten again by his men, Manik looked at Jack who was standing at the door with eyes filled with tears. Jack couldn't take this cold. The man who gave his life was now suffering the worst. Jack immediately rushed inside and hugged Manik crying like a kid. His every inch was bleeding by cold but he didn't winch when Jack hugged him as he got used to pain. 

"Jackkkk...  Please save me" Zach cried.

By hearing it Manik got all his strength into his hands and flipped Jack the way he jumped front hiding Jack behind.

"Go...  Get out from here" Manik cried roaring at John to take him. Unusually both John and Jack saw fear in his eyes.

"What the hell you are doing? I will go only with you. Let's go!" Jack argued.

"Get out!" Manik mumbled tired. Jack took him in his arms and carried him out and John followed locking Zach. He called their family doctor to check on his health. But Manik fainted before.

The doctor was shocked to see his messy condition. She immediately gave him saline injecting him.

"May I know what is happening here?" the lady doctor asked confused. Jack explained about everything.

"He needs counselling but before that, we should give him vitamin supplies. We had no way Jack. Get some soft bondage materials, If he stays this way he could survive a week or two. We should add him to protein-fluid diet. We can't take him to hospital, I will get his medical tests done. You better manage him calmly. We will try to save him. From how long has he been starving this way?" the doctor asked, Jack looked at John for a right answer. 

John roughly counted months on his fingertips before uttering "18 months"

"Sleep?"

"Maybe an hour or two" Doctor held her head holding up her tears. She took his blood samples and also called a medical canvas to get him completely scanned. She was beyond upset seeing the results.