131- House Arrest

131- House Arrest

Manik was lying on the bed in pink pink-themed room and a huge five feet painting of Manik standing holding his daughter in his hands and his mom standing beside wrapping her hand around his arm.

Soon Nandini walked in and Jack followed her, she rearranged the pillow under Manik's head and sat beside holding his hand in hers.

"Why he was unconscious this long?" She asked checking his pulse.

"Blood pressure is high and he has insomnia. Medicine effect he will wake up morning"

"When this is happening why you didn't save him?"

"Your husband is stubborn and you know it well. Now tell me what's the plan?"

"Frankly speaking I don't have any plan other than locking him here"

"He will abuse you and in the end, you will throw him out" Jack spelt upset.

"Are you sure that he had problem with her eye colour or her? I can take anything on myself but not on my daughter"

"He loves his child and even Lily told you how much he admired her. By the way what about the divorce? I thought you would break down knowing it" Jack asked surprised. 

"I know it before so I was prepared to face"

"How?"

"Your chip has also gone or what? His lawyer is also my legal advisor. In fact I was working closer on many new cases, and all of sudden my dumb head husband woke up asking for divorce, he informed me before giving papers to Manik. I asked about possibilities and planned accordingly. Actually, I don't have any proof, his lawyer is our lawyer." Nandini explained setting the bed and removing extra stuff over the bed.

"Cheating he will get mad!"

"Oh ho, if I do it's cheating, but you both can get my signature on the power of attorney and marriage documents posing as patent agreement. In fact, I have to stab you as well, but just for Lily I'm sparing you." She mocked throwing the teddy on him.

"Only for Lily" Jack pouted.

"Yes, I will accept you if you get Lily back"

"No thanks, keep an eye. you are trying to lock a lion with a cotton thread."

This was my game, Lioness can tame her lion and make him dance on this tiny thread only. Wait and watch!" She chuckled confidently.

"Overconfidence, I will see who will dance" Jack smirked passing a cold warning, Nandini sighed looking at sleeping Manik.

"Just once you should've told me the truth, all the time you ran away in unwanted guilt." She mumbled lying beside, hugging him for a while.

Nandini gave dinner to Lily and made her bed in Jack's room, after putting her to sleep, she came and slept with Manik.

Morning she gave a shower to Lily and dropped her princess wrapped in towel over the bed and went to get her dress. Lily jumped on the bed playing and suddenly she noticed Manik sleeping on the bed and his hand was cuffed to the bedpost. She moved away seeing new person on her bed unable to identify. Soon Nandini came back with her dress.

"Momma who is this uncle?" Lily asked cutely letting her mom dress her.

"Not uncle, he is your father" Nandini smiled settling her frock and setting her hair.