I Hit A Home Run.

Jada~

I wait around for Christian as he told me to wait for him. "Jada."

I look over at Christian as he walks out of the dugout. The netting separates us. "I hit a home run."

"I'm not blind."

He smiles, "How'd you get here?"

"Uber."

"Hmm. Would you mind if we got out of here and maybe got some food?"

"I wouldn't mind at all."

He smiles before opening the netting and letting me through. "Wow, you couldn't even wear my jersey. I see how it is."

"It's impossible for me to wear something I didn't bring with me."

"I can change that."

We walk down into the tunnels before he opens the door to the clubhouse. "What color?"

"Christian, I'm not going to take it. I have one."

"Jada, what color?"

I sigh, "White."

He takes a white jersey off the hanger and hands it to me. "Thank you."

I follow him out to his car. "How long are you here?"

"Until Sunday."

"I have a lot to do in two days."

"What does that mean?"

"You'll find out."

"What brings you out here beside me?" Christian asks me as we sit in his car, eating Chipotle, and looking out a Lake Michigan as the moon glistens on the water.

"You are incredibly cocky. Did you know that?"

He laughs, "I mean, I have to get your attention somehow."

"I'm seeing family tomorrow."

"Parents?"

"Dad and stepmom and step-siblings."

"Not your mom?"

"I'll stop by before I leave, I think."

"Go see your mom. You'll regret it if you don't."

Oh, if he knew the circumstances of that. "Yeah, probably."

I grab the paper bag and put my garbage in it. He tosses his garbage in there as well. He takes the bag from me and sets it behind the driver's seat. "I want to get to know you if you'll let me."

What he doesn't know, won't kill him, right? Cody and I aren't dating. We're just good friends, I guess. "What does that entail?"

"Whatever you want to tell me. I think you are someone who puts up a brick wall in front of everyone who tries to get in. I want to know why, if you'll let me because you caught my eye in New York. There's something about you that I like. You're different."

Different? "Are you going to give me something in return?"

"Of course."

There's something about him. He's different than Cody. I just can't figure out why. "I'll start with a few basics."

"Then I'll do the same."

"I grew up in Pewaukee. I turn 24 in a week. I went to UCLA for college and have a Business Economics degree with a minor in Entrepreneurship. I'm an only child if you don't count my step-siblings. My favorite color is blue. I ran track and field and cross country in high school. I swam a bit too. I graduated in the top ten percent of my class. This is my first time back in Milwaukee since 2013. I work as a model for a clothing company and also do some freelance work when I have time. I don't let a lot of people in my circle because they always end up leaving."