Mind If I Join You?

Jada~

"What if we opened a new store? We talked about expanding once it got too big. Maybe it's time to open up another branch and get exposure to a place other than Glendale," Camille tells me as we sit on FaceTime.

"Where were you thinking?"

"What about Dallas or Milwaukee? That way we both have some sort of home base."

"How about you look for places in Dallas and we'll start there. It took us long enough to get the Glendale one up and running. I'd assume it'll take the same amount of time especially if we tried for two. Dallas has a bigger market than Milwaukee too."

"You'd probably have to come down here sometime soon then."

"That's fine. I can make that work. Is everything going okay since you've been back?"

"Yeah. It's been a week in progress but things are better."

A shirtless Christian catches my attention as he walks into the kitchen. "That's good."

He messes with the Keurig, "Now he wants to get a dog."

"A dog?"

"Yeah. I'm not sure where he got the idea from."

Christian stands behind me, "I guess it's not a bad idea."

"We'll see about that. I see the princess got up."

I laugh, looking behind me as he still looks so tired, "He got home late last night."

"I will let you know if you need to come down here."

"Okay. I'll talk to you later."

"Okay. Bye."

I put my AirPods back in the case and push my laptop away from me. He hugs me from behind, "What time did you get home?"

"Like 1:30."

He kisses my cheek, "We played 15 innings."

"I stayed up until the 12th and decided I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore."

"Well, I appreciate the effort."

I get off the stool and take my plate to the sink. I take the iced coffee concentrate out of the fridge to make another drink. I put everything back in the fridge before going around the island. Christian stole my seat, "Why is he out there?"

"Because he didn't want to come in."

"He makes us look like bad parents."

Scout turns his head almost as if he knows we're talking about him. "They're getting a dog?"

"I'm not questioning anything they are doing right now."

"That's probably smart."

"I thought so too."

He holds his arms around my waist, "Will you come with me tonight?"

"Yes."

I walk down the aisle as kids surround the net where Christian is as he signs baseballs and jerseys. I stand off to the side to let the kids through.

A worker starts having the kids clear out since it's getting late. He signs a few more items before the worker calls it quits before he's even finished. No wonder the sport is dying.

He waves me over. I walk down the rest of the stairs, "He's done signing things," she tells me.

"He's my ride home," I tell her and it seems as if she can't believe what I just told her.