I'm Sorry.

Jada~

Thanking my Uber as I get out of the car with Scout, I get my suitcase from the back and hold onto Scout's leash as he's excited to be somewhere new.

We walk into Christian's building and go into the elevator. He dances in a circle, "I know you're excited. We'll go for a walk after we get up there."

I search my key ring for his apartment key. He never asked for it back so I kept it. He's also at his game even though he can't play.

I unlock his door, pushing it open and letting go of Scout's leash. He sniffs everything in the apartment as I set my things in Christian's room.

"Hey, crazy, let's go for a walk."

He whines out of excitement. I look around at his apartment. Maybe I'll make dinner. I'll probably have to pick up a few things.

I hear the door unlock as I stood in the kitchen mixing the pasta sauce with the noodles. Scout perks up from the floor as he lies by me.

Scout walks away from me and goes to Christian. I bring the two bowls to the breakfast bar. "Hi."

"Hi." He pets Scout before coming over to me. He hugs me. He never answered me after I found out about Chase's pregnancy. I haven't heard anything from him since I called him.

"How's your back?" I ask, sitting on one of the stools.

"I meet with the surgeon tomorrow to rule out surgery."

He sits next to me. "Do you want me to go with you?"

"Sure."

We sit there and eat dinner. I let Scout lick my bowl clean.

Christian takes my bowl, "What was your text about? Sorry I didn't answer."

For two days? He couldn't answer me for two days. I sigh, "Chase is pregnant."

"What?"

"Chase Carter is pregnant with Cody's baby." I look up at him as I've been avoiding any eye contact.

"Woah."

"Yeah."

"So you're text?"

I shake my head, "I just needed to talk to somebody. I was over at Camille's for not even ten minutes before I left because I was pissed off. Because Cody showed up because he forgot something and I could not believe it. I still can't believe it. It's just frustrating."

"Why do you care?" he asks, snapping at me.

Is that an actual question? "Because it's so soon."

I get off the stool and stand in front of him. "So? You're not with him. Shouldn't you be happy that it's not you?"

"What the hell does that mean?"

"You don't want kids."

I have never once told him that. "I don't know where that came from but you and I both know that's a lie."

"You only want kids because I want kids."

"That isn't true."

"It's not?"

"No, it's not. I don't know where you got that from."

"He's your ex for a reason. He cheated on you for seven months and you still care? You care a little too much for people who did you dirty."

"And you knew that when we got into a relationship."

"I didn't think it was true," he yells.

Scout sits in front of me, facing Christian, protecting me from harms way even though I don't think Christian would ever hurt me physically. This is just because of his back pain right? He's not actually being an ass right now for any other reason, right?