Home.

Jada~

"I will be back," I tell Christian as I put my shoes on.

"Where are you going?"

"The lobby. Cody and I are going to go over our speech. You're free to come if you want."

"I'm good."

He sits up and I walk over to him. I kiss him, "I don't think this should take long."

"Have fun."

"I'll try not to."

He laughs, "You better."

I grab one of the room keys before going down to the lobby to meet Cody. I go into the breakfast area and sit at one of the tables. I scroll through my phone as I wait for him.

"Hey," Cody says, catching my attention.

I look up at him and smile, "Hi. I'm glad you made it."

"Me too."

He sits across from me, "How are you doing dad?

He smiles, "A bit tired. She's amazing though. She makes these faces all the time even when she's sleeping which is most of the time. I love her so much. She makes us so happy."

What I once wished I had with him is now what I wish to have one day with Christian. To love a creation of the two of us. "Do you want to see some photos? I swear I take a hundred every day."

"I'd love to."

He smiles and pulls out his phone. He hands me his phone and I start scrolling through his photos. "Your mom must be so excited."

"Between Caiden and Ashli's daughter Kinsley."

"Ashli has a daughter too?"

"Yeah, it's crazy. My mom is in baby heaven."

"I love hearing that."

I hand him his phone. "So what are your ideas?"

"Well, if you're comfortable, I would like to start it off with a joke. Something like 'you can thank us for being here.' It's light-hearted. I want to make it special for them and we were a part of their relationship whether you want to think that or not. I fully believe they wouldn't be together if we wouldn't had gotten together."

"That's the direction I wanted to take it too. I agree with you. I don't want it to be a formal speech like Camille thinks it'll be."

"Side note, does that mean you've put everything behind us?"

I scoff, "You caught me off guard with that. But yes. It's not worth being upset at either of you. It's not worth the energy. I'd rather make amends with both of you."

"Growth."

I smile, "Growth. Plus I want to meet your little girl and I think it would be better if I didn't hate her parents since she does have some pretty awesome parents."

He smiles as his eyes light up. "And when you and Christian get married, I will be there since we're friends."

"You think that'll happen."

"Oh yeah. He's not going to let you go. I lost my chance and I'd rather it be him than anyone else."

"That means a lot."

"You meant a lot to us. You still mean a lot to him. You always will."

I go up behind Christian, hugging him. He jumps at my touch before turning around. "Hi, you look beautiful."

"Thank you."

He kisses me, "Aren't you supposed to be with everyone else?"

"I snuck out to come see you since I left so early this morning. Happy Birthday."