South of the Border.

Jada~

"Addie, I love you but Mom is really tired right now. Can you ask Dad or Grandma?" I ask as she tries to get me to play with her as I lay on the couch in my office.

"I want you."

"Not right now. How about later?"

She starts to cry, "No!"

She runs out of my office only making me feel worse. I want to play with her but I'm too pregnant to be on the floor. I'm too tired to do just about anything.

I lay there, crying out of distress and heartbreak because I can't be there for my baby.

"What's her problem?" Christian asks, coming into my office.

"Whoa, what's wrong?"

"She's upset with me."

"She's one. She'll forget about it in five minutes. So why are you crying?"

I sit up, "Because I feel bad."

"Why? She'll be over it in five minutes."

"I just am," I tell him.

He sits next to me, "Okay. It's okay."

And now I'm crying for no reason. Another reason to love being pregnant.

"Stop doing that," I say toward my belly as our son kicked the hell out of my lung.

"Are you scolding our son?" Christian asks as he walks into our room from the bathroom with just a towel around his waist.

"Yes."

"Why?"

I can't help but become distracted by the appearance of him right now. "Jada."

I look back at him, "What?"

"Stop your wandering eyes."

"You come out of the bathroom looking like that and you expect me not to?"

He laughs, "You could be slightly more subtle about it."

"Eh."

"So why are you scolding him?" he asks, walking into the closet.

"You try being kicked in the lung or the bladder because he's running out of room."

"You're almost to your due date. It's not that much longer."

"Christian, I don't think you understand how uncomfortable it is to be kicked in an organ."

"I don't understand but I do know that when he is ready, he will come."

"That's easy for you to say when you're not carrying around a watermelon every day."

He gets in bed with me, "Are you done?"

"No."

He holds his hand on my belly. "He could come tomorrow and I'd be happy."

"No, don't listen to her. She's just tired of being pregnant," Christian says into my belly after he has moved closer.

"Why not? We can love on him even sooner. You're here for the next week. Perfect time if you ask me.

"I think it's a little too early for all of that."

"I'm 36 weeks. He'll be fine."

"Make it 38 weeks and I'll stop worrying."

"Let me do the worrying. I'm much better at it."

Walking into the kitchen, I hold under my belly as I get a familiar pain. "Honey, are you okay?" Alecia asks.

"Yeah." It went away fast enough to not alarm me.