Malibu.

Jada~

As we get to the last venue, I will not exceed any expectations thought of in my head. We've visited five in the Malibu area today. Five that are not perfect for us. Each of them has its quirks that we don't like or that don't fit our vision.

I'm running out of hope. If we want to have a wedding next November, we need to book a venue. We have no other option not to.

We get out of the car, "Six, right?"

I nod. I know he's tired of this because I'm becoming tired of this.

We didn't bother booking an appointment or reservation to look at the venue with someone. We'd decided we would enjoy it more if we got to see it ourselves. 9 times out of 10, someone has come up to us to tell us about whatever is special at their venue and why we should pick theirs.

The only positive about all of them so far is that they have our date available. We both decided that November 18th is the best for us. Although we'll miss Thanksgiving because of our honeymoon, it's not that big of a deal.

We stand at a cliff looking down at the set up for the ceremony. It's feet from the ocean but not on the beach. It would make for a beautiful background.

We've kept most of our thoughts to ourselves while looking around. He holds the door open for me as we explore the inside where the reception would be held.

This place is a lot nicer than the others. It seems newer. It's updated. I think this is the first venue that I've actually liked.

Once we've explored the rest of the property, we head back to the car, "Late lunch?" he asks.

"Sure."

We ended up at a lunch spot on the ocean not even a mile from the house. We order our drinks and food fairly quickly after being seated.

I zone out as I look at the ocean. He taps my hand after a few minutes. I think he was talking to me and realized I was not listening.

I look at him, "Hm?"

"You okay?"

"Tired."

"Long day, huh?"

I nod, "I feel like we got nothing done."

"We know which ones we don't like."

"Which is most of them."

"The last one was nice."

"It was my favorite out of all of them."

"So what do you want to do?"

"I don't know. The last place feels like the best option. I can go back tomorrow and ask if November 18th is available. My day is busy tomorrow but I can go back or I can call."

"What's going on tomorrow?"

"I'm going to work out in the morning and shower at the gym before I go to work for a few hours. I have to pick up Corey and Camille from LAX and they want to go see Cody, Chase, and Caiden in Pasadena. So I'm going to take them over there and then we'll go to the house and I plan on making dinner before I take them to their Airbnb."

"They could've stayed with us."

"I told them that and they booked a place anyway."

"What time are you leaving?"

"I'm hoping I can get up and leave by 5:30. We'll see though."

Pulling up to the arrival terminal, I watch for Corey and Camille as they should be coming out soon. I'm so tired. It's been a long day. I left by 5:45 this morning and worked out for about an hour and a half. Then I went to work and did a bunch of stuff I've been meaning to do since we've gotten back. I called the venue that we liked and I reserved November 18th for our wedding. It makes me feel much better about yesterday's events.