Alive.

Jada~

28 weeks pregnant and I'm starting to hate being pregnant. Alecia left after Addie's birthday, Christian has been away for ten days, and it's been really hard. Between being pregnant and chasing a one-year-old around the house, I'm tired and can only imagine this feeling won't go away once our son is here.

I've hardly had any time to work which makes it incredibly hard to run a business. After putting Addie down for the night, I go into my office and hope to get some work done while I wait up for Christian.

I turn the TV on to play music to keep the silence out of my office. I make sure the baby monitor is in my view as I work.

Scout pushes my office door open. I look past my computer, "C'mon, bud."

He comes behind my desk and lies by my feet. I lean back in my chair. I'm so tired but I need to get this shit done.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Christian asks quietly, waking me up.

I lift my head from my desk and squint at the bright lights. "Working."

"With your eyes closed? How's that going?"

"Not well."

He laughs, "Come on."

I close my computer down, "Why are you working so late?"

"She keeps me on my toes all day that I don't have time to work."

He walks behind me as we go back to our room. "How was Canada?"

"Beautiful. Hot."

He gets ready for bed as I get in bed. "How was it while I was gone?"

"It was fine, a little difficult but nothing out of the ordinary."

"Difficult? Why?"

"She just wants to go go go all the time which I expect but I can't keep up with her anymore. She's a busybody like you."

He gets in bed, "Didn't you have an appointment this week?"

"Yeah. It was fine. He still has a big head."

He laughs. "It's not funny, Christian."

"It's a little funny."

"Adelaine, come here please," I tell her as she ran off into the yard.

She comes back to me so I can spray her with sunscreen. "Your pool is filled but it's cold. Your water toys are in there too, okay?"

"Ya!"

I keep an eye on her as I fill Scout's plastic pool with water. It's so hot in Wisconsin right now.

I go back to the deck and start playing music. I fan myself with my book. Christian comes outside. "Hey."

"Hi, are you about to leave?"

"Yeah."

He kisses me. "You should've had a pool built for this house," I tell him honestly.

"Sorry, didn't know it was necessary."

I shrug, "It would've been nice to have on days like this."

He kisses me again before we go out to the yard. "I'll be back later. Take it easy on Mom," Christian tells Addie as she splashes the water around.

She waves at him, "Bye, Dada!"

He kisses the top of her head, "Bye, sweetie. I love you."

"Wuv you."