Love Was Genuine.

Jada~

I sit quietly on the edge of our bed, trying to get myself to go back to sleep. But she's awake so I guess I'm awake. I look back at Christian as he sleeps peacefully behind me. Must be nice.

I get up and go to the bathroom to see if that will do the trick. I end up staring at myself in the mirror, looking at how exhausted I look and feel.

I walk past our bed and Christian to go to the living room. I turn the corner to the living room to see Lizzie around the same corner with a pillow in her hands, ready to throw it.

"It's just me. It's just me," I say.

"You scared me."

"And you scared me. What are you doing?"

"I couldn't sleep. What are you doing?"

"I couldn't sleep either."

She tosses the pillow back on the couch. "What was that going to do? It's a pillow."

"I was hoping it was you or Christian so I didn't have to use anything."

Now that my heart rate is elevated for the day, I doubt I will be going back to sleep. I walk past her to the kitchen, "Why can't you sleep?"

"I don't know. I guess I'm nervous."

"Why?"

I look through the fridge and pantry but ultimately land on the cookies I made last night. "Tomorrow... well, today, is like our first in-person day with Camille. It's all been through your computer."

"It's not that different."

"I figured it wouldn't be. But I'm still nervous."

I grab another cookie before going over to the couch where she is sitting. "Why are you up?"

"Because she's up."

I grab one of the blankets and put it over my legs. "Do you enjoy being pregnant?"

"I do. I don't take it for granted. I just wish I could sleep."

She laughs, "Sleep would make it just a bit better?"

"Yeah."

"What does later today look like? Are we going there?"

"Well, it's 3:30 now, so I don't know. I might tell her to come here. Usually Christian leaves by 5:30 so he'll be up soon actually. He's usually back by noon at the latest. He usually leaves us alone when he gets back if we're here."

"And you get done whenever?"

"Pretty much. He doesn't like when I'm still working past dinner. So after Camille leaves or I get back here, I get that stuff done as I make dinner."

I start to laugh at how crazy we must look and sound. "What?" she asks.

"We're up at 3:30 talking about today's plans like we're not going to sleep until noon."

She laughs, "Yeah, that's likely."

Christian~

I walk through the garage door into the kitchen expecting to be greeted by Scout like I normally am when I get back from spring training workouts.

I start to walk past the living room when I see both Scout and Jada sleeping in the reclining chair. I move the blanket on Jada so she's covered up. I don't know how they're comfortable. Scout was always by her side before she was pregnant and now that she is pregnant, he doesn't leave her side for one minute.

I hear voices from the back of the house and go back to her office. I walk into her office to see Camille, Weston, and Lizzie on the floor. "What's going on?"