Enough To Feel Numb.

Jada~

Another day, another early morning of work. I guess the one thing I do miss is that with modeling, I'd have a few weeks off in between. But owning a small business; never stops. But the earlier we get started, the earlier we can call it for the day.

I quietly head into the bathroom without waking Cody. I wash my face and brush my teeth. I put on a different crewneck before heading to my kitchen to make coffee.

It's so peaceful in this house in the morning. It might be my favorite thing. I mix the milk in with my coffee as Camille comes in through the garage. "Cody's here?"

"Yeah. He's been here for the past four nights because my house is closer to the stadium."

We go back to our office. I open the blinds to let some light in. "What is the plan for the week?"

"I have stuff coming possibly today. I am on the fence about maybe taking applications and portfolios for a few models. I think the website looks good. I just think if there was more representation than just us, it would catch more eyes."

"I think that's a good idea."

I nod. "Then Thursday will be a restock day. Oh, Wednesday if you don't want to work that day, that will be fine. I have an appointment at 9:30."

"For what?"

"My IUD expired so I need to get this one out and a new one placed. I know I'm going to feel like crap after so I'm not doing anything for the rest of the day."

"I'll come over just because. Does Cody know?"

"No. Haven't brought it up yet."

"You should probably tell him."

"I know."

"Otherwise he'll think you're mad at him when in reality you're just in a shit ton of pain."

"Yeah, I'm not looking forward to it."

"I wouldn't either."

I walk into the other room to turn on the printers and check what we have. I make a mental note of all of the bins that need to be filled. I walk back into our office, noticing my bedroom door is open.

Cody sits in my chair talking with Camille. I take a sip of my coffee, "You two are very loud," he tells us.

"You're fine," Camille tells him as I open the boxes that were delivered last night.

"Was this your guy's plan? You give me a hard time and she gives Corey a hard time?"

We both laugh, "It's what comes when you date best friends."

"Clearly."

I leave that stuff in the corner before going over to my laptop. "Is Corey awake? I want to go to the gym?"

"He wasn't awake when I left but he probably is now."

He stands up behind me, "Can you come with me for a minute?" he asks quietly.

I look back at him and nod. "I'll be right back."

Camille waves me off as I follow Cody back to my room. "Do you have something to tell me?"

I look at him, confused by his small amount of attitude. "Calm down, it's nothing huge. I just have an appointment on Wednesday that I forgot about."

"Why are you just now telling me?"

He woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. "Because I forgot. I remembered last night and you got back late last night. It's not a big deal."