Stole My Thunder.

Jada~

"You're sure you don't want to come with?" Christian asks as we face each other in bed. He messes with my hand.

"I'd rather not do my work on hotel wifi."

He laughs, "I forgot about that."

He puts his arm around me, drops my hand, and rubs my back. "Ryan's going to pick me up so you have a car."

"I'm not going to need it."

"You're taking it."

I smile, "Okay."

He kisses me, "I'll start breakfast."

He gets up and leaves me behind. I get dressed for the day before going into the bathroom. I put on a Brewers' hoodie and find my sweatpants. It's getting cold in Milwaukee. Summer is over and fall is beginning.

I grab the folded blanket on the couch and go sit at one of the stools, wrapping the blanket around me. "You cold?"

"A bit. It doesn't get this cold in LA this fast."

He laughs, "I thought you were used to this weather."

"And then I moved across the country where it's sunny all the time. It doesn't rain. It doesn't snow. It's just sunny and hot at all times of the year."

He comes over and sets a cup of coffee in front of me. "Thank you."

He kisses me before going back to the stove. I could get used to that every morning. I love how we start our mornings. They're simple. They work for us.

I open my laptop and look through a few things. "Are you busy today?"

"I have to call Camille but that's it. Not really."

Christian opens the front door as I sat on the couch. Ryan walks into his apartment. "Jada, you're not coming with?" he asks.

"Unfortunately, I have work things to do and hotel wifi is not the best."

I look down at my phone as Camille is calling me. I set my phone to lay against my laptop, "Hold on," I tell her.

I set my laptop on the coffee table and get up. "You should come with us next time," Ryan tells me.

"I'll think about it."

Christian hugs me, "I'll be back."

He kisses me. "Enough with the PDA, you two," Ryan says.

We look back at him and I flip him off. "We're on a tight schedule," he tells me.

"Right."

He kisses me again before Ryan has a chance to say something else. "Just a few days."

"I know. I'm used to the schedule by now."

Having a professional athlete as a boyfriend for the past two years has taught me that they have a weird schedule that I had to adjust to if I wanted to see him. "Right."

They leave and I lock the door before going back to my spot on the couch. "Who was that? Why were they talking about PDA?"

"Ryan came to pick him up so I have a car while they're gone."

"You're avoiding the question about PDA."

"Am not. It's nothing. Ryan is just annoying."

"Jada, tell me right now."

"Is anyone around you?"

She pans her view around, "Just Corey."

He turns and waves, "How's Milwaukee treating you?"