If Hating Me.

Jada~

"I'll be back next week," Cody tells me as we stand outside of LAX.

"Okay."

I hug him after he put his hat backwards. "Let me know if you need anything."

"I'll be fine."

"You have a key. Use it."

"Okay."

He kisses me. "I'll see you soon."

"Okay. Have fun."

He kisses me once more before taking his suitcase from the back of my car. I close the door and watch him walk through the doors. Maybe I will go over to his house and use the pool. It's still fairly nice out for it being November.

I get into my car and call Camille. Hopefully, she isn't busy. "Hey, what's up?"

"I just dropped Cody off at LAX. Do you want to come over to his house? I was going to get in the pool and relax while it's still nice out."

"Sure. I'm not doing anything. I'll head over soon."

"Okay. I'll be a bit since traffic is insane right now."

"Okay."

I pull into Cody's driveway and park next to Camille. I unlock the front door and lead us in, "Where's he going?"

"Home for the week."

"Where's home?"

"Scottsdale."

I change into my swimsuit in his room. She sets out a towel for each of us. "When do you leave with Corey?"

"In three days."

"Where are you going?"

"Concord, North Carolina. It's near Charlotte. I'm finally meeting his parents and brothers."

"Big deal or no?"

"I've talked to his mom once over the phone but that's it. It'll be fine. His parents seem amazing."

"Cody tells me they're nice. Also, parents love you so I don't see any problems occurring."

"When are you going to meet his parents?"

"He hasn't brought it up so I don't know. My dad is supposed to come out soon so he'll probably meet him then."

"Does he know about you two?"

"Nope. Just keeping it lowkey right now. He'll know. I'll tell him."

"Have you heard anything from the other one?"

"Christian?"

"Yeah."

"Not ever since he showed up at my apartment."

"He's hurting."

"I know. But I can't feel terrible for him. I understand that he's hurt but he said he would respect any decision I made. It doesn't seem like he is but it's whatever. It's not like I see him or anything like that."

"He'll get over it."

"I don't know about that."

"Jada, you got fired? What the hell?" my dad exclaims as we stand in my kitchen. I just got him from the airport today. Cody is still not back but should be back in a couple of days.

"No, I got let go. We all did."

"For what?"

"Because the CEO is some weird, nasty man who has some sexual assault allegations against him. So he's under fire and filed bankruptcy. We all lost our jobs. It wasn't just me."