Just Friends, Huh?

Jada~

I feel the bed move as I was coming out of a deep sleep. Christian carefully moves his arm from under my head, replacing it with a pillow. He moves the covers up to my neck as I tried to keep sleeping. I'll probably be awake for good but I'll try to get a few more minutes of rest although it already feels pretty late in the morning.

I hear him open his door after messing around in the bathroom and closet. He closes the door as I start to stretch out. I roll onto my stomach and cover my face from the light coming in from the windows. His bed is so comfortable. I do not want to get up from this spot. Last night was something else though.

I end up reaching for my phone and bring it into bed with me. I lay there for a few minutes as I shamelessly scroll through my feeds. I feel awake enough to get out of bed for the day. It's pretty late for me to be getting up even after being adjusted to the central time zone opposed to the pacific time zone.

I find a t-shirt on the dresser and grab it. He must've put it there before he left the room. I put the shirt on before stretching out my back. The sexual tension that we're both about to feel once we're in the same room as each other is going to be insane. But I won't complain about that. I think we learned that neither of us can resist each other and that I knew what I was getting myself into when I came out here.

I gather my clothes before leaving his room and tossing them into my room as well as grabbing my laptop.

I hear him talking to someone as I walk into the living room. "She was still asleep when I got up," he says into his phone, not noticing that I'm in his presence. Who could he be talking to? And why is he talking about me?

He cracks a couple of eggs and mixes them before pouring them into a pan. I set my stuff at the breakfast bar and pull out one of the stools.

He turns around, jumping after seeing me. "Just kidding, she's up now."

"Who are you talking to?" I ask, sitting on one of the stools.

He holds his finger out, smiling as he notices the shirt I'm in. I shake my head and open my laptop and quickly remember I'm supposed to be in a meeting with Camille and a few other people.

"It's Camille, isn't it?"

He nods. "Hang up so I can call her."

"No, I think I'll keep talking to her," he tells me.

I mock him quietly as I try to fix my hair so I can call her. I grab my AirPod case and call her off of my laptop. She can hang up on him.

He pulls his phone from his ear, scoffing, "She hung up."

"I wonder why."

He laughs as she picks up my phone call. "Why are you staring so hard?"

"We had a meeting and you did not show up," she tells me.

"I know, I thought it was tomorrow."

"8 my time. It's now 9 here. We met for 15 minutes since you weren't here and it's a little hard to do anything when you aren't there," she tells me.

"I know. I'm sorry."

"It's fine. We'll reschedule."

Christian sets a plate in front of me, coming into frame so Camille sees him as well. He's purposely doing this. "So did you not get enough sleep last night?"

"I went to bed late."

I hear Christian laugh loudly as he walked away from me. I throw a cloth towel at him, "Be quiet."

He catches it, putting it on the counter. "What was that?" Camille asks.

"I was throwing a towel at Christian."