How Could You?

Jada~

Christian has been gone for three weeks now and I'm finally able to go out to Arizona to visit him for a week.

I put my suitcase by the door as I find Scout's leash. He's going to Alecia's while I'm gone. He walks in circles around me as he sees the blue leash in my hand, "You have to sit still so I can put this on."

He can hardly contain his excitement. "You're going to have so much fun with Milo and Cooper."

I finally understand how stupid you feel when you talk back to something that can't speak like a dog or a baby. I pet him until there are a couple of knocks on my door.

I get up and answer the door. Alecia is bombarded with love from Scout and she embraces it. She hugs me, "I haven't been in here since you bought it. It's beautiful."

"Thank you. I absolutely love it."

I turn off the rest of the lights better putting my backpack on. I lock my door as she takes Scout to her car.

I put my bags in the back before getting settled in the front with her, "Burbank, right?"

"Yeah."

She backs out of my driveway, "How long are you staying out there?"

"Only a week. I wanted to see him before he goes back to Milwaukee."

"I thought you would go with him?"

"I'll probably go out a couple of times but with work and I'm taking five classes online through UCLA, so there's a lot going on."

"He told me you were taking some classes. For what?"

"They're all marketing or digital media courses. I never took any during college and I figured it would help if I took those since I have a business that is growing."

"Is it going well?"

"Yeah. I'm finally getting to the bulk of everything. It just takes a lot of time and motivation."

"I think it's pretty cool that you're doing that."

I smile, "Thank you. Also thank you for watching him. I appreciate it."

"It's no big deal. Cam loves him and the other dogs like having another dog around. He's a good dog."

"He's pretty awesome."

I scroll through my phone as I stand next to my suitcase as I wait for Christian outside of the clubhouse.

Some guys start walking out of the clubhouse. He should be out soon. I keep an eye out for him as I continue to doom scroll.

Christian <3: You're here?

I send him a photo of the clubhouse doors. Soon another group of guys exits the clubhouse. Christian is the last one in that group. He smiles as he walks over to me.

"Hi," he says quietly as he hugs me.

I hold onto him as I savor this hug. It was only three weeks and I missed him like crazy. We finally let go before we kiss.

He takes my suitcase as I put my backpack on. I follow him to his car and we put my things in the back.

I get in the front with him, "How was the flight?"

"Fine. I flew out of Burbank this time and it's ten times easier than LAX."

"Who took you?"

"Your mom. She texted me the other day to see if I wanted to get lunch because she was in the area. So we got lunch before I had to be at the airport and she took Scout for the week."