Win-Win Situation.

Jada~

I slide over my house key to Alecia after signing my closing papers, "Christian has my other key but I know he'll be back soon."

"Is he working out?"

"Yeah. I think he's with Ryan."

She nods and takes a look at all of the papers, "Does it feel weird?"

"Not really. I think I've been with him every day since the season ended. I'm just glad we don't have to go between the two houses anymore."

"Aren't you further from work?"

"Yeah, but I don't have to go in every day so it makes up for it. I didn't think I'd say goodbye to that house. I love that house."

"It fits you. Even through everything that happened."

"A lot of tears and I'll leave it at that." Probably too many and I know a lot of them could've been avoided.

"Well, I'm sure this new journey, this new home, will be perfect for you both and Scout."

"The beach is his favorite. He runs down the stairs any chance he gets."

She laughs, "Sounds like those two over there," she says, pointing toward Milo and Cooper laying on the couch.

"Do you want dinner? It's almost done."

"Sure."

I get a couple of plates from the cupboard and set them on the island. She pulls a pan out of the oven as I go to let the dogs outside.

She puts a piece of the lasagna on my plate, "Thank you. It smells amazing."

"No need to suck up."

I laugh, "Not sucking up one bit."

"This is why I love you."

It's the best feeling to have a motherly figure in my life that isn't trying too hard to be my mom. It's good to know Alecia wouldn't overstep even if she wanted to.

Christian walks through the door into her kitchen. I point my fork at him, "Hey, I need my key back."

He laughs, "Are you kicking me out?"

"I'm gonna have to."

He takes the key off of his key fob and tosses it to me. I drop the key in Alecia's hand. It's done. I don't have a house. I officially live with Christian full-time. I have my dream job. I have my dream boyfriend. Plus my perfect dog. Life is so good right now.

He stands behind me as I sat on the stool. He hugs me from behind as I lean onto him. "You should probably eat here because I'm not going to make anything."

"I figured."

He kisses the back of my head before sitting next to me after his mom brought him a plate.

Scout jumps into the back of Christian's car as I got in the front. I stuff the papers Alecia gave me between the seat and the console. "Do you need anything while we're out?"

"Not that I can think of."

He backs out of the driveway and pulls away from his mom's house. "I hope she doesn't overstep," he tells me.

"Your mom?"

"Yeah."

"Never."

"I never know so that's why I'm asking."

He turns onto the main road to take us back home. "It's always the right amount. She doesn't overstep like the step-monster."

He laughs, "Be nice to your stepmom. You make her seem so much worse than she actually is."