Heartless.

Jada~

"Are you sure you didn't play softball?" Christian asks as I throw balls at him. He wanted to get some extra work after his spring training workout.

"Very sure."

"Not once?"

"Does t-ball count? Because I played that when I was four."

He laughs, "No."

"C'mon, really? I played the whole season."

He swings at the next ball I give him and hits it over my head. "Did you play the next season?"

"No, my parents pulled me out that next season because I wasn't paying attention during our practices or games."

"Were you doing cartwheels in the outfield?"

I laugh, "No. I was playing in the dirt at second base. I did a damn good job too."

"I'm sure you did."

I pick up a few more balls and throw them to him until I'm out. "I'm out."

He drops his bat and starts helping me pick up the balls scattered around the area. When we're done he hands me the handle of his bat.

I look up at him, "No."

"One ball."

"Do you want me to injure myself or possibly you?"

"You're going to be fine. I'll put a tee out for you."

There's no way I could hit a ball if he throws it at me. A tee sounds much better. "Fine."

He gets a tee set up as I watch. "Right or left?"

"Right."

He motions for me to come over and stand in the box. He lines my feet up for me before showing me how to hold the bat.

He puts a large helmet on my head before kissing me, "Just in case."

He goes behind the L-screen, "Just hit the ball. I believe in you."

He believes in me more than myself. Although it can't be that hard. It's not in motion. I'm just going to go for it.

I swing through and don't care to watch where it lands. "Line drive to center field," he tells me.

I take the helmet off and hand him his bat, "You're exaggerating."

"Okay, maybe to second base."

I laugh at his humbling, but true comment, "I'd say the pitcher's mound."

"Even better. Let's go home."

He picks up the netting and lets me through. I grab his keys as he gets his bag together.

We stop by the clubhouse so he can put his bag away in his locker. He takes the keys from me before we leave the building.

"Should we get dinner?"

"Unless you're cooking."

He laughs, "I won't attempt that."

He drives to the nearest Chipotle since we'll both be happy with the food. I wait in the car as he runs in to get our food.

He gets in, handing me the bag, "I just made a little kid's day."

"Yeah?"

"He couldn't believe when his dad or whoever he was said something to him."

And I missed this? "Did he get a picture?"

"I couldn't turn him down. He was too happy. That's probably my favorite part of the job."