Her Home.

Jada~

"You're sure you want to find out now?" I ask Christian once more.

"Why are you doubting this?"

"It's what my brain does. You know this."

"Yes, I'm sure."

There are a couple of knocks on the door before our ultrasound tech comes in and we get this appointment started.

"Before I start, I usually ask if you already know what you're having."

"We don't."

"Would you like to know?"

"Yeah, you can just tell us."

She smiles and nods, "Okay. We'll get started then. We'll be looking at everything from their brain and heart to how many fingers and toes."

One of Christian's hands rests on top of my head while he holds my left hand with his other hand. She moves the wand around my stomach until we get a clear view of our baby.

We listen to our baby's heartbeat for a couple of minutes, "Heartbeat sounds really good. Measuring at 164 beats per minute."

Christian squeezes my hand as she continues with the checklist. "There are no physical spinal or neural defects."

"Two arms, two legs, two hands, and two feet."

"Ten toes."

She starts counting quietly, "Ten fingers but you can't see the right thumb because she is sucking her thumb right now."

I told myself I wouldn't cry but it's hard not to when we're getting what we wanted. We have a daughter.

Christian squeezes my hand and kisses my forehead. She moves the wand around, "There are her nose, mouth, and lips.

"Has she been moving recently?"

"Yeah. All the time."

"Good. That's what I like to hear."

We see her start to move on the screen in front of us, kicking and pushing on her home. I'm her home.

The tech looks for a few other things before she lets us have one last glance at our daughter. Our perfect, healthy daughter.

Trying to dress myself when my daughter is making it known that she's in my uterus is very hard. Nothing fits anymore. I can't wear any jeans. My dresses don't fit how I want them to.

I look through our closet again to see if I've missed anything. I pull a few dresses that I think may fit me but I probably won't like the way they fit.

I glance over my shoulder as I saw movement. Christian's standing at the walkway, "How are you still not dressed?"

I don't have to say anything for him to know he shouldn't have asked that. "Let me rephrase that. Um, is there a reason why you're not dressed?"

"That wasn't any better."

He walks into our closet and looks between me and the dresses I picked out. "Nothing fits how I want or need it to and we're going to be late because of it."

"We're not going to be late. I told you an earlier time because I figured something like this would come up. We have time. Half an hour, okay?"

"I appreciate you so much."

He kisses me, "No matter what you wear, you will look beautiful. It will be fine. Wear whatever."

"Christian, this is a wedding. I have to look nice. All I want to do is show up in sweatpants but I can't do that."