Time For You.

Jada~

There's something about Christmas in LA. Although you don't get the full effect of the holidays since there's no snow and it's not cold, there's something special about it.

My family got in today and they're loving the warm weather and sunshine instead of snow and clouds. It's a tradition that I watch Elf and The Polar Express on Christmas Eve. Well, it was my mom's tradition and I'm the one who keeps it alive.

Scout lays his head on my knee as I get settled on the couch with my blanket and hot chocolate. "Dad should be here soon," I tell him.

Christian and I have been nonchalantly calling each other mom or dad when talking to Scout. It just rolls off of our tongues. But it's also true and it doesn't bother either of us.

I zone into Elf, knowing I can listen and not pay attention to the screen and know what's going on. I could recite the whole movie if asked.

I hear my garage door open. Scout perks up at the noise. He starts to whine before getting down and trotting over to the door as Christian comes in.

He comes into the living room with Scout following him. "Hi, beautiful," he says before leaning down and kissing me as he goes to sit next to me.

I smile, "Hi."

"Movie marathon?"

I nod, "Tradition."

He kisses me again, "Did your family get in okay?"

"Yeah, they're resting in the spare rooms."

Scout gets on the couch again, plopping down on the blanket after getting much-needed love and attention from Christian.

He holds onto my hand, "Can I give you your gift now?"

"I didn't want anything."

"We both know we got each other something and that we wouldn't listen to each other."

I laugh at how painfully correct he is. "Let me get yours."

I get up and crouch down by the Christmas tree. I find his gift and bring it back, "There's more in the stocking but you can open that tomorrow morning."

We trade boxes, "Open yours first."

I dig my nail under the thin wrapping paper and start tearing it so I can gain access. I finally get the paper off and crumble it into a ball. He takes the paper ball as I open the flat box revealing a gold-plated necklace.

I take it out of the box, holding it in my hand. The flat gold pendant has indentations on one side. I run my thumb over the indentation, further realizing it's our anniversary date. 8.16.20. It's simplistic. It fits me. I smile, looking up at him, "Thank you."

I hug him, "You're welcome."

He takes it from me before I move my hair so he could clasp it together around my neck. I hand him his gift. We actually got each other similar items. Both are simple necklaces. Well, his is a chain.

He takes the ribbon off since I didn't have time to wrap it properly. He opens the box, taking the black-diamond chain out and holding it. It's different than the one I got Cody. This one is more tailored to Christian.

He smiles, "Did you know mine broke during the season?"

"Yeah, you told me and I figured you didn't get it fixed."

He laughs, "I think I left it in Milwaukee. Thank you. It's like the exact same."

"You're welcome."

I hug him again, this time longer than before. He kisses me before I move closer to him to snuggle into him as the movie plays on.