Best Year Ever.

Jada~

"Will you make it?" Camille asks.

"I'm not sure. All of us are packed but we have tonight's game to get through. He wants me to go to Paris if they lose tonight and force a Game 6. I don't want to miss anything here but I also don't want to miss anything in Paris."

"I can see what I can do. Maybe they can move it back a day."

"Camille, they're not going to take into account my problem in their huge event."

"But if they win, won't there be a bunch of celebrations anyway? Like a city parade? All of that."

"Probably. I don't know. The latest we can get there and be on time is the morning. The plane lands at 9 am Paris time. I'm going to keep monitoring flights all day."

"Okay. Well, we fly out early tomorrow morning. We'll be watching the game but try to let me know what's going on before we leave."

Christian walks into my office with Adelaine, "I will. It's hard not to stress about this but I'll let you know what's happening."

"Okay. Give Christian our support. We're cheering them on."

"I will. We appreciate it."

Christian sits across from me, "I will hopefully see you in Paris."

"Yeah, hopefully."

I put my phone down, "Camille?"

"Yeah, they wish you the best tonight."

He holds Addie over my desk, wanting me to take her. "Hold your baby. You'll feel better."

I take her. I do feel better holding her. She's just too cute and I love her way too much. "When are you leaving?"

"An hour, probably."

"Are you confident about tonight?"

"Ye-"

"Don't answer because I already know. I don't even know why I asked."

He laughs. I look down at Addie, "Your dad has always been confident, even when it wasn't confidence."

"Whoa, I thought we were past this."

I shrug, "It's a good reminder once in a while. I laugh about it often."

"I'm glad you find my actions funny."

I laugh, "They're hilarious."

"I can't watch," I say quietly as the bottom of the eighth gets over. The Brewers are up 2-0.

Alecia's hand rests on my back. The stadium is so loud. I can't believe Addie is sleeping through this. There's no way I'd be able to sleep through this.

My dad puts his arm around me. I lean my head on his shoulder. The first batter pops up to Joey in right field.

The stress I'm feeling has to be equivalent to what the guys are feeling. Devin strikes out the second batter.

Oh my gosh. Holy shit. The batter swings and misses at his first pitch. The second pitch goes right by him in the middle of the plate. The third pitch is in the same place except he swings and pulls it to left field; right where Christian stands.

He makes the catch, sealing the first-ever World Series win in Milwaukee Brewer history. The stadium goes absolutely crazy as the guys storm the mound and dog pile on top of each other.

I can't help but jump up and down from the excitement, waking Addie up. It was bound to happen.

Fireworks, confetti, and streamers fill the air inside the park. I take Adelaine out of the baby wrap and hold her. I kiss her cheek, "Your daddy did it. He won the World Series."