New Jada.

Jada~

I move out of Cody's grasp as his arm laid around. I grab some clothes on the floor and rush into the bathroom. I made a huge mistake.

I put the clothes on before brushing my teeth. I feel dirty. I feel stuck to my stomach at what I did last night.

I open the door to see Cody starting to wake up. Damn it. I can't look at him in the eye. "You should probably go," I say quietly, hoping he'll get the gist of what I'm thinking.

I exit my room and head straight for the kitchen. I can hear him putting on clothes and leaving my room. "You're just going to switch over, just like that? What about last night?"

"Cody, last night wasn't supposed to happen. We both know that."

He walks closer to me and grabs a hold of my hands, "Jada, babe, what do I have to do?"

"Cody, no. You shouldn't be here. I should've never called. This shouldn't have happened."

"But it did, Jada. You called me last night."

He tilts my chin up to look at him. I fight the emotions I'm feeling. I've missed his touch. I missed him. But I can't, I won't be with someone who cheats, someone who doesn't think I'm good enough.

I shake my head, "You need to go. Please."

It takes so much effort to not look into his green eyes. They've become my favorite shade of green. But I'm afraid if I look at them, I'll fall in love all over again.

He lets go of my hand, "Okay. If that's what you want. I'm sorry."

He kisses my cheek before grabbing his things and leaving out my front door.

"So it was just a malfunction?" I ask Camille as we stand in our warehouse. We had to shut down the website and everything in between since our security system went off while we were gone.

"Pretty much. One of the cleaners clocked in on the keypad like they're supposed to but somehow it clocked her out. The cameras spotted movement and our system said nobody was in here so the alarm went off. The camera's resolution is terrible. We need to find better ones and maybe a different clock-in system."

"Okay. I can look around for something. This is the first positive thing to have come from going to Boston."

"I know. We can open the site again tomorrow morning and get back to it."

"Let's plan for that."

We go into our shared office and sit in our desk chairs. "Did everything go smoothly after we left?"

"You probably should've stayed."

"Spill it."

"After you two left, I made dinner and dinked around until I went to bed. Even though I'm hurt and pissed at Cody, the bed felt so much bigger than it normally does. I called him and I regret it now."

"What'd you talk about?"

"He just kept saying how sorry he was. I have never heard or seen him cry until last night. He genuinely feels so bad. I think he realizes that he fucked up. Then I may have had him over and I really regret it. He spent the night in my bed and then kissed me when I made him leave."

"You cannot go back to him."

"I know. I just need to learn that. I love him so much even though he hurt me."

"He doesn't deserve you."

"I know he doesn't. I don't know if I'll ever trust him again, you know? For seven months, I was lied to and I was overlooked by him. Whatever time not spent with me, he was at her apartment. That makes me nauseous even thinking about that. I want nothing to do with him even though I still love him. Cody and I are broken up. He knows that. But it's going to take him longer to get over it as opposed to me. We were over the minute he slept with her except I didn't know that. I also don't believe that he dropped her. I fully believe he told me that just so I would talk to him."