A Dream.

Jada~

Christian and I stand together as we look at our decorated reception area after holding our rehearsal dinner tonight. We get married tomorrow. Everyone else has left for the night. Until tomorrow when we both have to be back here, it's going to be a normal day.

"You've written your vows, right?" I ask quietly.

"Yes. Have you written yours?"

"Yes."

"And the marriage license?"

"Camille has it."

We're getting married tomorrow. "Are you ready to go?"

"Yeah."

He holds my hand as I take one last look at the classy, beautiful, perfect reception area until tomorrow. We walk out to his car and sit there for a little bit.

"Are you ready for tomorrow?" he asks me.

"Yeah. I'm nervous. But it's an excited-nervous."

"I'm glad we're on the same page about that."

I'm relieved he feels the same way. A wedding is a big deal. You have family and friends coming in from across the country to see you get married. We're both trying to act like it's not a big deal.

"Let's go home and be with our dog and pretend that tomorrow isn't the biggest day we've both had in a while."

"I like that idea."

He pulls out of the parking lot and drives us home. He pulls into the garage, and our home's quietness is already relaxing me. I didn't want to not wake up to Christian tomorrow morning. I needed to wake up to him tomorrow for my sanity.

Scout greets us at the door with lots of love and slobbery kisses. "Do you want wine?" Christian asks after setting his keys on the island as I let Scout outside.

"Yes, please. I'm going to go change."

I go back to our room and get out of the flowy white dress I wore to the rehearsal dinner. It was just our immediate family and our wedding party. It was very special. I really enjoyed it.

This morning was absolutely perfect. I needed to wake up to Christian this morning. We're treating today like a normal day. We had breakfast together. We showed up at the venue together. Then we split off into our separate rooms to get ready.

As beautiful and exciting as today is, one thing would make it ten times better. Everyone around me knows that too. Camille sits across from me as a woman curls my hair. "Are you doing okay?"

"Yeah."

"Do you want to hold Wes?"

"Yeah."

She takes him from Alecia since he's been getting ready with us since Camille is still feeding him. He reaches for me as she sits across from me after giving him to me. He lays his head on me and relaxes as I bounce my leg.

She pulls out an envelope, "Christian wanted me to give this to you."

I'm hesitant to take it but do. "What is it?"

"All he said is that you have to read it before the ceremony."

I open the envelope with my finger and take out a folded piece of notebook paper. I just know I'm not going to be able to get through this without crying.

Jada,

Would you believe me if I told you I started writing this after our first date? The one after you poured your heart out to me when we were babysitting Ryan's kids. This has been sitting in my Notes app on my phone since then. Now it's three years later since then and I'm finally finishing it. Don't be mad. I'm doing this very last minute. You and Scout are sleeping beside me on the couch after our rehearsal dinner and you look absolutely beautiful. You've worked so hard on this wedding and I know it's going to be perfect.