Birthday Girl.

Jada~

Christian parks at the departing area of the airport. I grab my suitcase from the back. "It was nice to get to know you," he tells me.

"I had a better time with you than I did with my family."

"Will you be out here again?"

"I don't know."

"If you do and we're in town, let me know. I think we come out to LA next week. So maybe I can see you again?"

"I'll have to see what I'm doing."

"Okay."

I grab my backpack from the front seat. "I hit two home runs today," he tells me.

I witnessed both of them. "And does that make you special?"

"I mean, pretty much."

"What do you want?" I ask him as I stand with my suitcase.

"I want you to come back here but I'd have to hit like eight home runs in one night to do that."

"I think you'd have to hit a lot more than just eight."

He laughs. Would it be wrong to kiss him? I can tell he wants to. "Get in your car."

"What?"

"Get in your car."

He sits in the passenger seat, "Is this good enough?"

"Yeah."

I stand in front of him and smile. "For your two home runs."

I lean in slowly and kiss him. His hand rests on the top of my hip. He smiles as I lean back to stand straight. "I wanted to do that last night but I figured I shouldn't because you had a rough night."

"You could've done it. I wouldn't have minded."

"There she is," Cody says as he leans against his car, waiting for me.

"Hi."

"How was it?"

"It was fun."

We get into his car and he starts to drive back to my apartment. "Are you hungry?"

"Not really."

He drives me back to my apartment. He grabs my suitcase from the back and drags it along with him. I stop at my mail room and grab the few packages and pieces of mail.

He follows me up to my apartment. I get the door unlocked and push it open. I set my packages on the table as he pushes my suitcase up against the couch. He turns a light on as I go through my mail.

I get a pair of scissors and cut the boxes open. Clothes and shoes for a brand deal I have to post about later this week. I set that box aside. "What did you do while you were there?"

"I went to two Brewer games and had dinner with my family."

"That's it?"

"Yeah."

"How were the games? Brewers looking good?"

"They won both times I was there. They look like a good team."

I toss the important mail to the counter so I can deal with that in the morning. I go back to my room and set my things in the corner. I'll deal with that in the morning.

He sits on my bed, watching me pace around my room. I pull out some clothes to sleep in. Is he sleeping here? Is that why he's still here? I mean it's fine. I would've loved a heads-up.