My Eyes Only.

Jada~

As I sit at my desk, waiting for Camille to call for our daily briefing, I start to picture what else I would need in here. I've got a desk and a chair. I should get some pictures in here. Maybe a clothing rack for the aesthetic.

There's a reason I'm not an interior designer. The ringtone brings me back to reality. "I have so much to tell you," she says, a little louder than expected.

I turn down the volume since the door is cracked open. Although I didn't pick the room right next to our room, it's still close enough to our room and I know I didn't shut our bedroom door.

"Tell me all of it."

She holds a sonogram in front of the camera. "You had an appointment?"

"Yesterday. I think it's fair that since you found out with me, sort of, I wanted you to be one of the first to know. They said this is an extremely healthy baby. I'm already nine weeks which is way further along than I thought I was. Jada, Corey has started buying baby clothes and it makes me cry every time he pulls a new one out. Oh my god, the mittens and the socks! It's so little. My heart and hormones can't take it."

"He's buying clothes and you don't know what you're having."

"One day it's all boy clothes and the next is all girl. He is so excited. He can barely contain his excitement."

"Do you know how happy that makes me? When are you due?"

She smiles, "She said around April 10th. I'm nine weeks as of yesterday and everything is so healthy. Oh, and Corey thinks he sees a small bump and I can't take it. I think I'm going to love being pregnant."

"How have you been feeling?"

"It's all so much more manageable now that I know I am pregnant and that we're both healthy. It's not glamorous at all but it's so rewarding. You know, I think you would like it."

"Woah. I want to be married before I pop out a kid."

"Well, you could get married this off-season and then get pregnant, and then we could be pregnant together. That sounds like so much fun."

"One, no. Two, we would drive the guys absolutely insane."

"That's the point. We would get everything we want. They would have to say yes to us."

"Oh, I like your thinking."

"Really?"

"No."

She laughs, "It was worth a shot. But why aren't you getting married this off-season? And why haven't you asked me to be your matron of honor?"

"Because I think we both know it's assumed that you're going to be my matron of honor and I didn't want to plan a wedding in six months."

"Hmm. So we should definitely start planning that."

"I guess so."

"Screw work. We're doing this right now."

I put my list of things to talk about that regarded work in one of the drawers and pull out the notebook I have dedicated to the wedding. "Where do you want to start?"

"Do you have a date in mind?"

"We're shooting for December 2nd as our top pick. We don't mind going a little earlier into November but it can't be the first week just in case the Brewers pull off some miracle. We said we'd go as late as December 16th."

"Have you talked about a location?"

"I ruled out Milwaukee immediately. I'm not super sold on doing it in Arizona. We're thinking somewhere in Malibu since it's home to both of us."