Chicago.

Jada~

I hand Lizzie her boarding pass and keep mine before putting the stickers on our bags to have them checked. We bring our bags to the check-in desk.

Christian walks with us over to TSA. He hands me Scout's leash. "Who's picking you up?"

"My dad."

He hugs me after I pass Scout's leash to Lizzie. "I'll be out soon."

I nod, "I know."

"It's only a week."

We haven't been apart for longer than a week since we did long distance. "Call me when you're home."

"I will."

He kisses me, "I love you."

"I love you too. I'll pick you up when you get in."

His hands stay on my belly. He kisses me again. He's starting to get a bit emotional the longer I'm standing with him.

"Be safe," he tells us as I back away from him.

"We will."

"Ready?" I ask Lizzie.

"Yeah, are you?"

"No," I tell her quietly.

She walks in front of me toward TSA. I look back at Christian, "I love you," I tell him.

He smiles, "Love you too."

I catch up to Lizzie and Scout as they waited for me. I take his leash so TSA doesn't freak out that he's not with his owner. "Don't do long distance," I tell her as we stand in line.

"Can you even consider this long distance?"

"I'm not considering it long distance. But I haven't spent more than four days away from him since we were dating. Now I'm 36 weeks pregnant and I have to hope she doesn't want to come early and try to get into a routine out there while I know he's going to worry about me every second of this week."

"When does his mom get in?"

"In a few days. I think Sunday. Are you staying at home?"

"I think so."

Damn. "Why?" she asks me.

"I just don't want to be alone if I have to."

"I can stay with you until Alecia gets to Milwaukee if you want me to."

"You would do that?"

"Yeah. I don't mind not staying at home."

"How did you get Lizzie to stay with you?"

"It wasn't that hard. I just don't want to be alone."

"How was your flight?"

"Pretty good. We both got upgraded to business."

"How?"

"A lady was sitting across the aisle from us and she had a problem with Scout and I'm not going to stand for that. She had such a problem with Scout laying between Lizzie and I on the floor that she had to call the flight attendant over, completely delaying our flight just for the flight attendant to ask if we wanted to be moved and she put us in business. Even before she called the flight attendant over, she was asking if I should even be flying. Clearly, I look very pregnant and look like I'm about to have a baby. Like no other TSA agent or flight attendant asked me that. It was just annoying."

"Karma's a bitch isn't it?"

I laugh, "Definitely."

I get out of bed since I called him right after I showered. I pull out a sports bra and a pair of shorts. "What are you doing this week?"