Rebound.

Camille~

"Are they fighting?" Corey asks me as we follow Jada and Cody to Cody's car in silence.

"She makes it seem like everything is fine."

"So does he. But they don't look fine."

They split onto either side of the car as we get closer to them. I let go of his hand, "Wait a minute."

I walk over to Jada's side and stand there until she rolls the window down. "Can you call me tonight?"

"Yeah."

"Okay. It'll be quick. Just some stuff for work."

I look at Cody as he looks down at his phone, waiting for us to be done talking. "Okay."

I walk back to Corey, "You can't fix everything," he tells me.

"I know. But he looked absolutely annoyed and she seemed upset."

"They were so happy one day and now seem like complete strangers."

Jada~

"Cody, just spend the night."

"I can't. I didn't pack and we leave tomorrow for ten days."

"That's never stopped you before."

"I just can't tonight. I've spent the night the last three nights."

"K."

He pulls into my driveway. I unbuckle the seat belt and get out of his car. "I am going to the game tomorrow and I would like to see you before you leave but if you don't have time, it's fine."

"Jada, don't be stubborn right now. I haven't packed yet. I have to do that."

I roll my eyes as I find my house key, "Okay."

"I'll find you tomorrow after the game."

"Okay."

"Come here."

I lean on the passenger seat, "We're going to be fine."

"Are we? It doesn't feel like it."

"We are going to be fine. I promise."

He kisses me, "I will see you tomorrow. I love you."

"I love you too."

I shut the passenger door and walked up to my front door. His car doesn't leave until I'm in my house. I slide down my door and hold my head in my hands.

We've been on this rough edge the past week. Nothing triggered it. Well, not that I know of. I take my phone out and call Camille, "Hey, if you-"

"Can I come over?" I ask.

"I was just going to ask that."

"Jada, you're always welcome," Corey tells me. I must be on speakerphone.

"Okay."

I hang up and go back to my room to get some clothes. Cody has just been off. He's been off ever since I asked him about the whole cheating thing. I think he's just pissed that it was Christian who told me.

I always have a to-go bag ready. To go to Cody's. To go to Camille's. Anywhere to escape.

I take my keys off the hook and get in my car. I hate that we do this. I have said that we got better at communicating with each other. But did we actually?

I make the fifteen-minute drive to the house and pull into the driveway. These two are my safe place. They're like my parents of LA. Camille bosses me around as my mom would. Corey just wants the best for me as my dad does. I know that I can go there and Corey isn't going to say anything. I walk up to the door and see it's already open.