All The Hard Work.

Jada~

I sit next to Cody on his couch as a guy gets his mic set up for the MVP announcement. His mom sits next to him as he keeps his head down. They get the TV set up so we can see Christian and his family as well as Anthony Rendon and his family. We're also able to hear Rob Manfred tell us who won.

Corey and Camille stand behind the couch as Cody's sister Ashli comes to sit by me. "They're about to announce it," he tells us quietly.

Everyone quiets down and we listen in and watch Rob Manfred come up to the podium, "Now for the 2019 National League Most Valuable Player. Our finalists are outfielder Christian Yelich of the Milwaukee Brewers, outfielder Cody Bellinger of the Los Angeles Dodgers, and third baseman Anthony Rendon of the current World Series Champions, the Washignton Nationals."

"With a separation of 45 points between first and second place." It's between Cody and Christian. There's no chance there's not. 45 points. Wow.

"The 2019 National League MVP is outfielder Cody Bellinger of the Los Angeles Dodgers."

Cody's mom hugs him as we pile on top of them. Everyone claps for him as we come out of the huge hug happening on the couch. "Cody, how are you feeling?" Ken Rosenthal asks.

"It feels amazing. It was a fun year. I'm about speechless."

They had turned Christian's and Anthony's camera off and now it was just us. "Cody, congratulations on a great season. You were incredible and we can't wait to see what you do next year."

"Thank you, guys. I couldn't have done it without the support of everyone around me. It was a very fun but hard season and I can't wait to get back to it in the spring. Congrats to the other guys. They both had amazing seasons too and it was nice to put up some friendly competition with each other."

They cut the lights and cameras and everyone scatters away. His mom and I made some food but we also catered in a bunch of food too. Most people are going toward the kitchen for food and drinks while his close family and friends stay behind with him. Cody gets up and hugs his family.

I stand to go talk to Corey and Camille. "I can't believe it was that close," Camille says.

"I can. They were both incredible. The only thing that set Yeli back was his injury. If he didn't get hurt, I think he would've won," Corey says.

I just nod. It's probably true. If Christian hadn't got hurt, he would've most likely been the back-to-back MVP. Cody comes over to us and hugs all of us, myself being last.

"I'm so proud of you," I tell him quietly as we hug.

He squeezes his arms around me, "Thank you. I couldn't have done it without your support."

"You did all the hard work."

He kisses me. "I love you."

"I love you too. You're amazing. You're my MVP."

"It's so weird hearing that."

I laugh, "Go celebrate. I'll be over here with them."

He kisses me again, smiling, "Okay."

He goes back to family and friends as I stay with Corey and Camille. Corey hands me a whiteclaw, "Thanks."

He nods, "So how does Cabo sound for you?" he asks me.

"Sounds hot and warm and tropical to me."

"So you're okay with that?"

"Yeah."

I go on my phone to pass time and notice Christian had posted something fairly recent. Within the last few minutes. I like the post as he congratulated Cody.