Best View of the Maid of Honor.

Jada~
October 2021 - Atlanta

"Can't win them all, right?" I ask Christian as he walked over to me. His season is done. He frowns, nodding as he hugs me.

As some of the other guys and their wives start to leave, we still stand in this spot. I'll stand forever if he needs the longest hug ever.

I run my nails down his back as he started to lighten up his hold on me. After he's been satisfied, we make our way out to the bus since we're heading back to Milwaukee tonight.

I flew out on a whim when I learned they would be in the NLDS. He lets me get on first and go into the first empty row. The bus is silent. There's a lot of tension. They did not play good baseball today or the last couple of days.

He scrolls through his phone but quickly puts it away once he sees the reactions of the fans. "You did everything you could," I tell him.

"But it wasn't enough."

I try to empathize with him, "You're always going to say and think that."

He shrugs. "I'll be fine."

I nod, knowing he's not fine right now but he will be. I'll never understand that type of loss because I never played super competitive sports. But I can try my best to empathize with him.

After returning to Milwaukee last night, we've spent the day packing up his apartment. The house that he had built is finally done. It is everything he's ever wanted in a house. It makes me so happy to see him so excited about something that he'll get live in for the next eight years.

While he did hire a moving company for the oversized, heavy items, we've been taking boxes over all day.

I twirl the key fob around my finger, "Ready?"

He unlocks his car and I unlock my dad's truck that we've been using all day. "Last load of the day."

He's relieved as he said that. We'll sleep in his new home tonight. "So ready to actually relax after we're done."

"Let's get to it then."

"I'll follow you." He kisses me before we both get in our separate vehicles.

As we back into the driveway, I can't help but feel whole. I feel whole for him. He's worked so hard and it doesn't go unnoticed.

I make room in the kitchen as he starts bringing in boxes. If only I had brought Scout with me. He'd have some much room to run and play in the backyard.

It's crazy to think just a year ago when he brought me out here, it was just a plot of land. A year later and there's a beautiful house.

"Do we need to take your dad's truck back?" Christian asks, bringing me back to reality.

"We can do it tomorrow."

"Okay."

He holds his arms out and I go in for the hug he's asking for. "Thanks for helping."

I look up at him, "I wasn't going to let you do this alone."

He kisses me, "Collin said he'd drop dinner off for us. Do you want anything specific?"

"You pick."

He keeps hugging me. "We should get our room set up so we're not sleeping on the floor."

"Okay."

We bring in the rest of the items from the cars before going up to his room. I dig through the boxes to find the sheets as he got the bed frame set up.

We push the mattress into the bed frame and get the grey sheets put on. He breaks down the empty boxes in the room as I get the pillowcases on the pillows and the comforter laid on the bed, "I never want to move again," he tells me.