Better Than You.

Jada~

"Just because we lost, doesn't mean you have to stop supporting me," Christian jokes with me as I walk out of my room with a Dodger jersey on.

"You poor thing."

I grab my high-top converse and go sit on the couch to put them on. The Dodgers can win the World Series tonight against the Rays. This is our first public appearance where Cody will most likely find out.

"At least it's Corey's."

"You think I'm going to walk around in Cody's jersey?" I ask, laughing, "I gave those to Camille."

"You didn't burn them?"

"I thought about it but you know, fires and the environment are more important to me."

He laughs, "Probably the grown-up thing to do."

I grab my bag, "Ready?"

"We're not going with Camille?"

"She's already there because she is a crazy baseball girlfriend."

"And you're not?"

"Well, you didn't win so I don't have to be. Not right now."

I grab my keys and baseball cap before going out to my car. "Are we going out after the game?"

"That's the plan if they win."

I lead Christian down the steps of the packed aisle as we try to get to our seats. Once we got to our seats, I give Camille her beer. "Stop biting your nails. He's going to be fine," I tell her.

"I'm freaking nervous."

"I can tell."

I look around the small area as it's mostly family and friends of the players. I quickly notice Chase sitting a few chairs down. I refrain from rolling my eyes as I point her out to Camille.

"You knew she would be here."

"That doesn't mean I want to see her or be within twenty feet of her."

I notice someone waving at me but realize it's Cody's mom. I smile and wave back. She waves me over. It'd be rude to not go talk to her for a couple of minutes.

I take a big drink of my beer, "I'll be back," I tell them.

I scoot past Christian and walk over to Jennifer. She hugs me, "It's been so long since I've seen you."

"Yeah," I say quietly.

"How are you?"

"I'm doing well."

"Are you? I don't want you to overstep but I haven't talked to you since that night."

"I am. You don't have to apologize."

"Has Cody apologized?"

"Not really. I don't expect him to. He's busy with Chase."

"She's not you," she tells me quietly since she's sitting only a few seats away.

"I appreciate everything your son did for me but I have no interest in being with him. Your family is amazing and I appreciate everything but I want nothing to do with him. I'm sorry to say that but it's the complete truth."

She hugs me again, "I'm sorry."

"You don't need to apologize."

"Well, if you need anything, we're around. We're not strangers."

I smile and nod even though I will never take her up on her offer. Ashli gets up and hugs me too, "I miss having someone to complain about Cody to. I can't do that with her," she tells me.